00:21

By the time he made it back to his room, Yoongi heard the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban menu music playing from the hallway. Opening the door, he saw that Taehyung was sitting over on his bed with a blanket draped over his body. Only his face and hands were peeking out and he was staring at the darkened screen of his phone.

As if waiting for something he knew wouldn't happen.

Yoongi quietly swapped his shoes for slippers and waited a few beats before clearing his throat to announce his presence. 

Taehyung jolted slightly, placing his phone on the window sill. He turned toward Yoongi and nodded his head to the microwave, the LED letters scrolling to indicate that the food had long-since been ready.

"Can you... popcorn?"

"Sure."

On his way to the bed, Yoongi opened the popcorn bag, moving slower than necessary, studying Taehyung, "You know... I don't really remember what happens in these movies."

This was true and he's not sure how: Taehyung and Seokjin watched the series so often that Yoongi ought to have the films committed to memory. Maybe it's because they never allowed the real plot to play through, making up their own stories and playing off of each others' humor.

Taehyung hummed in response and it took Yoongi by surprise because he was hoping that his roommate would take the chance for the distraction from his mood. Would use this opportunity to try to indoctrinate Yoongi into his Remus Lupin/Sirius Black agenda.

Something.

"Tae?"

"Mm?"

"Do you... do you wanna skip the movie and just talk about... things?"

Taehyung finally made eye contact. "I really don't know, Yoonie."

Actual, fully-formed words. A sentence. Progress.

"Okay. Why don't I just..." he sat, "sit here... we'll play the movie," he pressed 'play' and lowered the volume, "we can talk or we can not talk." He held the bag of popcorn in front of Taehyung's huddled form, "But we will eat popcorn either way."

"And ice cream. You said Azkaban and ice cream earlier."

"And ice cream," Yoongi confirmed.

"Okay."

The opening scene began. A dark screen and a flickering light and the theme music-

Taehyung spoke up, softly, "I've always loved this version of the score- like aside from nostalgia. I think it sounds cute. Like it's on a teeny, tiny piano."

So... not talking about it, then.

Yoongi poured some popcorn into his hand and spoke between chewing, "It's called a celesta, I think."

"Oh."

"I'm full of lots of pointless information like that," he shoved the rest of the popcorn into his mouth.

"It's not pointless. Now I can sound smart when I talk about the Harry Potter theme."

Yoongi looked at his roommate, an unspoken question - who do you even talk to about this franchise besides Jinnie? - but left it unspoken.

And that's how it went for the first third of the movie, quietly munching on popcorn, intermittently commenting on what was actually happening on screen.

"The CGI isn't that great."

"Yoongi, it was 2004."

"What? That's not that long ago."