00:19

Jimin was not exaggerating.

If Jungkook hadn't run ahead to grab a space in line, they would have quite literally been left wandering along Samcheong-dong because they only just barely got the last table during the mid-morning rush.

Yoongi silently thanked the muscle rabbit for his competitive nature and apparent food motivation.

They were finally seated, with an extra space set aside for when Taehyung got there, and Yoongi was oddly... paranoid?

By how normally... how naturally this was going?

Sure, he was already kind-of-friends with Jimin, and how could anyone not get along with Jungkook- he made whoever he was talking to feel welcome.

Yoongi found himself staring and admitted to himself that it would probably always be the way he looked at Hoseok, no matter the context.

Just staring at Hoseok as he scanned the menu, face resting with lips pressed together but turned up at the corners, dimples making an appearance on both sides of his face. Making exclamations of triumph when he found exactly what he wanted to order. Laughing with his entire body at something Jungkook said.

And seeing Hoseok with his friends made him... come down from that unreachable sex-god pedestal Yoongi had him on in his head.

No longer seeing the smooth chair thief who rolled into his bedroom, or the firm guiding hands on his shoulders at the party, or the body pressed to him in the darkness-

Just... Hoseok.

But as he debated with himself that honestly there couldn't be any such thing as 'just Hoseok', Yoongi knew that he was just as gone for this version of Hoseok, too.

They ordered. Yoongi on autopilot, not even knowing what he'd said just after the server left. Mind too preoccupied with last night. 

With-

'I don't want to be the jackass who rushes you into your first time after a college party. I... I want to get to know you'

At the time, Yoongi wanted to take the words at face value, and sort of did.

Though somehow, this quiet voice in his periphery was unsure if Hoseok had actually meant it or was trying to distance himself from the sexually inept virgin. Unsure if he'd be ghosted after he left in the morning. (That kind of behavior wasn't unheard of, really.)

But here he was, spending time with Hoseok and his friends. Getting to know Jimin and Jungkook, hearing ridiculous stories - like when Hoseok accidentally apparently locked them all out onto the balcony and they had to drop the keys to their front door down to Namjoon.

Jimin was full of these kinds of stories and Yoongi could tell he didn't often have a captive audience, since Hoseok himself said that his dates never stuck around for the daylight hours. They were definitely the kind of best friends that gave each other shit constantly and Yoongi loved watching them bicker about the embarrassing stories.

Plus seeing what Hoseok looked like blushing was an experience.

Then sometime after their food arrived Yoongi found himself getting into a ridiculous, heated argument about pancakes versus waffles in which Jungkook had taken Yoongi's side against Hoseok.

Jimin by this point simply scoffed and left them all to argue amongst themselves because he preferred french toast.

"Babe, that's not even in the running. It was strictly pancakes or waffles. You have to pick one."