08 | ARTIFACTS

08 | the artifacts of our
love story are what proves
it was real

-

2023 | peru

IKARIS GLANCED AT the girl he thought of like his sister, tempted to speak his mind but also slightly worried of her reaction. The two of them and the other Eternals, and Karun, walked through a rainforest in Peru.

"Zora." Ikaris whispered.

The girl turned her head, giving him a frown, "What?"

She couldn't deny the anxieties in her chest as they got closer and closer to the village that Druig lived in. Zora rubbed her hands together, trying to shake away her fear.

"I know Druig has a way of getting under your skin," Ikaris looked at her, and a smirk rose to his face. "And under your clothes."

Zora turned to him, scoffing, "Oh please, like I didn't just see you eye-fucking Sersi on the jet!"

"Well don't say it so loudly!" Ikaris scolded her and Zora smiled. "Alright we can't turn on each other, Z, we're each other sponsors."

"For what?" Zora questioned, crossing her arms.

"I'm here to prevent and ensure that you and Druig don't end up smashing against a wall while the rest of us don't see." Ikaris explained. "And you have to make sure that I don't do anything stupid in front of Sersi."

"That's impossible, you do stupid things all the time." Zora grinned and Ikaris rolled his eyes. "I'm joking, brother, I got your back. Promise, I won't get distracted by Druig, or let him get under my skin."

Ikaris gave her a look, telling her to go further. Zora sighed, whispering, "Or under my clothes."

"Good." Ikaris smirked, patting her shoulder.

"It is very nice here, sir." Karun told Kingo, holding a camera.

"Don't be fooled," Kingo warned. "Ignorance is bliss."

"Hola." A villager woman greeted Zora.

"Hola." Zora smiled politely at the woman, double-checking her eyes to ensure they were a normal color. Everyone had to be under Druig's control, right?

"Estamos buscando a Druig, dónde está?" Sprite asked another man.

The man turned around. "Y cómo conoces a Druig?"

"Somos amigos, de la universidad." Sprite answered.

"Close enough." Zora shrugged as the man turned around to look at the two, his eyes glowing a familiar shade of yellow. "Sprite."

"Hello Sprite." The man spoke and Zora immediately recognized her voice, her heart racing as her entire body grew tense. "Zora. How is it possible that you've grown more beautiful?"

"Enough of your pathetic party-tricks," Zora rolled her eyes while she crossed her arms. "Come out."

She noticed then that the entire village was gathered around, standing with their arms at their sides as their eyes glowed. Zora gasped slightly, they were all under his control.