Happy Birthday!

[10/15]

» The best thing about being pregnant, is that at the end of the nine months, you have a baby.

"A-AAAAAARGHHHHHHH!"

"YOU GOT IT, [NAME]! YOU GOT IT!" Letting out a final, almighty heave, [Name] breathed rapid breaths as the nurses announced that the baby was out, and she relaxed into her pillows, bursting into tears. Her painful ordeal was finally over, and now, she was officially a mother.

"Congratulations, [Name], she's a beautiful baby girl," said the head nurse, stroking [Name]'s damp hair in a reassuring manner. The nurses who were busy cleaning and wrapping up the newborn bundle of joy finished their task, and turned to face [Name], with one of them holding her precious bundle in her arms.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you..." Soon, all the nurses were chanting the birthday song for [Name] and Rin's little girl, thus breaking her down into further tears as the song ended and the nurse handed [Name] her daughter. Tears streaming down her face, [Name] jumped a little when she realised that something was missing.

"Eh? Wh-where's Ri-Rin?" she hiccuped, not wanting to look at her baby until Rin was there to see her with her. Two of the nurses squealed and rushed to [Name]'s bedside, where a struggling Rin was clutching onto the sides of her bed as he tried to lift himself up.

"H-here..." mumbled the Matsuoka, clutching his nose with one hand. All the females in the room were quiet for a brief second, before they all burst into laughter.

"We'll leave you three be, ne?" said the head nurse softly, ushering her two subordinates out of the room. With a final nod, she too left, leaving [Name], Rin, and their unnamed baby daughter alone. [Name]'s tears had subsided, but now she was curious as to why her beloved boyfriend had been on the floor.

"You punched me, remember?" said Rin with a small whine, rubbing his nose. "I'm pretty sure you knocked me out for a good ten seconds. Obviously you were preoccupied with other things." [Name] let out a little hiccup of laughter, and Rin himself gave her a tender smile.

"You did it," he said, leaning down and sharing a brief, passionate kiss with [Name] before drawing away. "I don't know how, but you did it."

"We made a new human being," said [Name] weakly, finally deciding to look down at her daughter. She was tiny, delicate, and had a good mop of maroon hair for a newborn. And, above all, she was quiet. So dreadfully quiet that it made Rin question her.

"Uh... is she okay?"

After ascertaining that their baby was healthy and breathing, [Name] exchanged an awkward smile with Rin, before handing her over to him.

"Her name?" asked [Name], looking expectantly at Rin, who glanced at her with an eyebrow raised as he gently cradled their baby in his arms.

"I thought you wanted to name her?" [Name] snorted, and waved him away.

"Please, if I could, I'd name her Rin as well," she chuckled, making Rin glare at her. "Or Haruka. Or Makoto. Heh." Then, returning his gaze to their daughter, Rin bit his lip as he contemplated on a good name that would suit her.

"You name our next one then, eh?" [Name] nodded, and poked him in the arm.

"Come on, Jaws. Give her a name." After a lengthy period of thinking, and with [Name] threatening to fall into slumber right beside him, Rin finally made up his mind.

"Shizuka. [Surname]-Matsuoka Shizuka." [Name] smiled, and shook her head.

"Matsuoka Shizuka. Just Matsuoka."

"Are you sure?!"

"Yup." Popping the p, [Name] gave Rin a reassuring smile, finalising her decision.