Chapter forty eight : Family is everything.

Comincia dall'inizio

"Please, don't hate me," Dante begins, but I already cut him off. I turn my head to him.

"Go, it's alright,"

"I want to stay home, I really do—I just can't miss the meeting this time, I promise I'll make it up," He tries.

"Dante, I said it's fine. I wish you'd stay home, but it's your business," I tell him and joke, "I promise you that going to this meeting isn't going to affect Leah,"

"Alright, but I will make it up," He says and winks letting me know what he means.

"You better," I tell him and smirk small before turning back to Leah. I feel a kiss on my temple.

"I'll be back as fast as possible," he tells me. "I love you, both of you"

"We love you too, now go," I tell him.

Dante closes the bathroom door behind him. "Mommy and daughter time, huh? How does that sound?"

I finish washing her and get her dressed. I walk downstairs and take snacks and my pumping machine. I sigh when I look at it.

Would this destroy my nipples? Maya, stop being weird.

I roll my eyes and get back upstairs. I bring the machine with me and lay on my bed with Leah laying on my lower belly. I turn on the TV and open the popcorn bags, sweet and salty.

I start pumping and eating while cuddling with my daughter and watching a movie. I want Dante here, of course, but alone time with Leah isn't so bad either. I take my phone out of my pocket and call Hailey.

"Hey sissy," I greet her.

"Hey sister of mine, to what do I owe this pleasure?" She slurs.

"Are you drunk?" A slight panic enters my body as I hear the tone in her voice. I don't want her to relapse. I don't want her in the hospital again. She needs rehab. I'll talk to her tomorrow.

"Maybe a little bit. No, no, no, no, you cannot make me feel guilty about this!" She gets angry. "it's been forever since I have had a drink."

"I'm sending Dante over wherever you are, now. And when you get here, I'm going to smack you across the face."

"You won't find out where I am anyway, bluh bluh bluh," She says childish. "Buh-bye, sister."

She hangs up the phone before I can even get the chance to respond. I sigh and think for a moment. I mean, I have a trick that I can use, it worked for Yasmin.

I dial her number and she picks up the phone. "Hi girl, it's Yasmin!" I put on a higher-pitched voice. When I did this on Yasmin, I just pretended to be Sophie.

"Hey, Yas! How are you?" She asks. Idiot.

"Hey uh, I'm at the blue right now, you know that club across from the local liquor store? Anyway, wanna meet up?" I ask, still in 'Yasmin's voice'.

"I'm at Blue right now! Oh how fun, I like hanging out with you," She responds. I sigh.

"Yeah sure, I'll look for you," I tell her and hang up.

I dial Dante's phone number.

"Baby?" I ask.

"Maya, I'm still in the meeting, is there an emergency?" He asks and I can tell that he is annoyed.

"It is actually. Is there any way you could get someone to pick up Hailey at Blue? She is starting to drink again and I'm scared that she'll lose control again," I tell him. I hear him sigh.

"Call Elijah, he's there right now," He tells me. "I won't be much longer."

"Alright, we'll see you later," I say and hang up.