two.

"Nice to see you all here today! We've got some fresh meat—or, batter, I guess—including Knead to Know Bread, Flour Bakery & Café, and Hole in One Doughnuts, along with some past champions! I'm looking at you Yellow Wood and Sweet Revenge!" From the stage, the announcer, Hyunjin, smiles at you with a friendly glint, his voice animated perfectly for his job, just the right amount of theatrics and humor, "To kick off the event, we're starting today with "Signature Dishes"! In other words, you may bake anything from your bakery's "Signature" or Specialty" menu to wow the judges, one of which will be me!"

"You all have an hour and a half to bake something that'll knock our socks off! Begin with the buzzer in three... two... one! Go!" The buzzer sounds and everyone is running towards the shelves stocked with the most popular baking necessities and the rarest finds in this field.

You try to avoid bumping into anyone—especially Felix—as you dart between your baking table and the ingredients racks, taking generous amounts of whatever you can get your hands on. A pound of flour, a half-pound of sugar, a bag of baking powder, a small bowl of baking salt, unsalted and softened butter, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, brown sugar, a dozen eggs, a cup of chocolate chips, and tartar. Your eyes light up at the sight, the perfect three dishes popping into your mind as you get to planning. One Minho-original sponge cake, a tray of Felix's signature brownies, and your famous chocolate chip cookies. Oh, you had this round in the bag!

Notepad in hand, you rush over to Felix, hurriedly trying to cut into his conversation, "Hey Captain! I've got a plan," the words draw his attention immediately, and he has no argument against your brilliant baking skills. All the ingredients were there, and you had just enough time to get everything done, make it look gorgeous, and maybe even throw in a little extra if you wanted. "Perfect, right? If I could just get Jeongin's assistance, I'll be good to go!"

Felix hums in agreement, the competition bringing out his more reasonable side as he sends the boy over to you, trying to fight the happiness that bubbles in his heart when you gleam at his positive reaction. He calls Minho over quickly, his lips moving miles per second, nodding with the older when they come to an understanding, "Han, I need you to assist Minho. Changbin, you're with me."

They all give him some variation of a salute, following his orders confidently without question. Felix may have been a pain since your breakup, but if there was one thing he didn't allow his emotions to affect, it was winning this competition... or baking. One of the two.

Making your cookies was one of the things you loved most. Something about mixing your original dough, baking it to perfection, and being able to call it yours made you feel beyond important. You could practically feel the dopamine dripping, your hands whisking the eggs violently, only to realize you forgot the mixing technique Felix had taught you back when you first started working at Yellow Wood. Letting out a stressed breath, you decide it's best to get it over with and head over to ask him.

He's sweaty, honey skin glistening under the sun as he awaits his melting butter patiently. You assume it's all the whisking he's done, both he and Changbin shiny while they hover around the outdoor oven and stove.

Heart beating rapidly, you almost feel nervous to approach him, your cheeks flushing lightly when his head turns to you. "Hey, I forgot that mixing technique you showed me, mind giving me a refresher?" your voice strained and somewhere between giddy and irritated.

He rolls his eyes, coming behind you to re-teach you the technique you'd mastered after seeing it done twice originally. His lean arms encase your own, his chest to your back, while he takes your hands and guides one to mix aggressively, and holds the other in place sturdily. It's nostalgic, the way he holds you, firm yet gentle, just like he used to. Your heart jumps into your throat, and you try your best to ignore his breathing against your cheek, reminding you of mornings when the two of you would bake gourmet breakfasts together just for the fun of it.