「 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 : 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 」

Start from the beginning

.

Soon pushing herself into a sitting state, she eyed the area once again, slightly flickering optics signifying a squint. Swiftly enough, the thought of where the ursine was loomed over her mind right after, causing a ... well, quickened pace of movement as she stood from the ground. Glancing around another time, she called out to the latter, until ultimately finding a wooden door in a further section of the room.

Once she'd walked over to it, she set her wrist upon it, while pressing onto the door-handle with the other one. Ah, it took quite a long while for the handless chicken to open that door inward, and even longer to pull it enough for her to step out. The outside; it was the pizzeria's typical wall, with a usual, florescent light shimmering over it; that too, flickered occasionally, but that was all. With a tilt of her head, she continued stepping further out into the area, for now only scanning it for to see where the bear was. All as she did so, she paused upon hearing the other's voice from right behind her.

"The re-epairs worked wel-l ... Didn't they?"

The suddenness did cause her to freeze a second out of the startled sense, but she regained her composure swiftly after, and turned around to meet the eyes of the ursine - that'd been rested upon her for only a few seconds maybe¿ ... The reply to his words was given after a short moment of silence ... well, I wouldn't term it as a 'reply'; an indirect question is suitable enough, as that's what it was. "Where wer-re you?"

"Well ... Someone ha-as to wat-tch an unguarded entrance," Was his response, there being a slight furrow of his eyebrows. "... This place-e isn't exactly the 'sa-afest'." The latter then lightly snorted, and shifted the subject back to what he'd said before. "Glad to see yo-ou're bette-er, nonetheless."

The female gave a nod in return, with her optics shifting toward the ground after that. Something that she noticed within that few-second talk, and for sure, by the look on his face; she could tell he had too, was this reluctancy in-between them, to break which, she sighed, and right about saying something, was when the latter beat her to it, all as he walked past her with the words, "Cha-ange of place ..." Tilting her head at first, she followed behind the male right the next second.

.

... As they strolled along the pizzeria's halls, she was surveying a side, when another query popped into her mind, and to clear it, her head turned to him again. "Where's eve-eryone else?"

"The-ey were never here," Came the other's answer, his gaze briefly switching to her as they paused for some time; somewhere where it seemed that the pizzeria was merging with some other place, more like another hallway, but of a warehouse-type entrance. "This isn-n't the 'real' pizzeria you recal-ll. It's mor-re of a trap of consciousness ..."

"Consc-ciousness?"

At that, he shook his head slowly, optics closing for a few seconds as he did so, before deeply exhaling, and speaking up with, "Gold wou-ould know more about this, if he wi-ills to tell ..."

The latter then started forward again, leaving her with more questions, than answers, though regardless, she silenced herself and glanced ahead, doubtful over whether he even wanted to answer her at all anymore.

However, a few minutes passing, and - despite feeling rather stupid about it - she began again, really just attempting her best at keeping everything from falling to utter silence. "By th-he way ... Where are we g-going?"

"Where'd you wan-nt to go?"

For a minute or so, she thought over that, afterward replying, "An-nywhere you-u're taking ..."

A sense of flustered-ness rose in her chest when the latter slightly snickered, and worded out a "Then, trus-st me, and we'll get somewher-re soon ..."

Silence then fell over the area again, with the last thing being her mere nod upon his words. She returned to eyeing her side, for a moment just wondering what was this, slight hesitation of words ... Had she been that way before?

Only a few moments passed, when her thoughts paused as something lightly brushed over her wrist, her gaze shifting down to it to spot the ursine's fingers curl around the wires protruding from it. The sight left her mesmerized, and only more than willing to return that, in some way. The gesture made her look up at the male, to find him gazing ahead, though there was a faint warm grin upon his features, a sense of tenderness reciprocating from it, at which, she seemed to have smiled herself too, if, that broken jaw allowed.

•·.·'‿‿‿‿'·.·•

... Well, this place was interesting ...

While the ursine stayed behind to check upon the door for something, she surveyed the space, almost bewildered at the sight that seemed to have been tossed at her face abruptly ...

..·Memories ... Another time·..

Something was different though; the one memory that was being played there, was just auditory - yet was still muffled. The few legible voices were human ...

"... Any response? ..."

Brief cut offs were filled in with static sounds ...

"...Th-t ..."

.

Silence took over from there once the bear's approaching came to her acknowledgement; her glancing around, then giving a tilt to her head. The other seemed to have noticed the confusion, as a huff then sounded.

"... Tha-at was possibly some-ething from before we were ... re-evamped."

She nodded in response, having there a mild flicker in her optics, all as she shifted an arm. "Wha-at even is th-his place?"

"Well ... From wha-at I know ... This is an in-be-etween ..." He replied, gaze averting from the wall, to eye her as he added. "An artific-cial dream."

If the ability to squint had been there with her at that moment, she'd have definitely done so, as that was not fitting in her head, and I'm sure, it hasn't in your head either : ) Buut, it will sooner, I assure that.

Before she could inquire further - and the latter could explain more - a thud-like sound from the outside, grabbed the attention of both of them, silence abruptly creeping upon the area. Her head turned towards the door, and just as anything could be said, she was beaten to the action by the male speaking first, in more of a command. "Wait he-ere."

All as he moved toward the door, she; instead of implementing upon the order, followed behind the other, asking a "Why so-o?"

There was a mere snort in reply, the ursine pausing to give her a glance, his verbal answer being, "I sai-id so, that's why." Despite it being polite, there was still an orderly sternness to that, causing her to stare at him in more of a stupefied state, though, when an order's given ... What can you do?

•·.·'‿‿‿‿'·.·•

... Several moments had passed, and up till now, she wished that there was a clock in that room, at least to help with keeping check of the time. The place itself didn't have anything for her to give an eye to in any way, apart from the wall opposite to the one she sat against. At one point, she began to wonder if the male had forgotten about her, though then again ... something else could be the reason ...

Right now, she was basically half-dozing, optics dim and seeming to be staring right through the ground ... Yup, most definitely a way to pass the time ...

.

The sound of a mere click from the direction of the door all of a sudden was what made her glance up, head facing the direction, all while the gray structured door slowly began to shift from its place ...

•❅──────────────✧❅✦❅✧──────────────❅•