Chapter 6

As Nick called Victor, who gladly arranged to call the pilot and have the jet fueled and ready to take Nick and Avery to Chicago, Sharon was well on her way to Chicago, to meet Nick and Avery.

As Nick and Avery arrived in Chicago to meet with Nick's friend, Avery prayed and hoped that she would have Jessica back in her arms soon.  But they were shocked to find Sharon at the Chicago police station instead.

"Sharon?" Nick asked, when the detective let Nick and Avery in the interrogation room.  "What are you doing here?"

"I'm the friend with the anonymous tip to your daughter, Jessica." Sharon said, slyly.

"Are you kidding?" Avery raged.  "This is some kind of joke!"

"No, Avery, it isn't!"  Sharon informed her.  "I have the whereabouts to where Joe has your daughter."

"Well, then, Sharon, why don't you tell me where Joe has Jessica?"

"I'd be glad to, Avery.  But I want something from you first."

"Okay, Sharon, what is it?" Nick asked her.

"I want back in your life with Faith before I tell you anything."

"Okay, Sharon, you have it." Nick lied.  

"This is way to easy." Sharon said to herself.  "There is no way Nick gave in that easy."

"Well, Sharon, you have me back."Nick demanded.  "Now tell us where Joe has Jessica!"

"Okay, Nick." Sharon said, as she wrote out a fake address and handed it to Nick.  "This is the address where Joe is hiding out with Jessica."

As Nick and Avery headed out of the Chicago police department to the address Sharon gave them, Avery couldn't help but ask Nick why he agreed to go back to go back to Sharon.

"Relax, Avery, I don't intend to go back to Sharon." Nick reassured her.  "I love you more than ever.  I only said that so Sharon would tell us where Joe was."

"Somehow, I knew that," Avery said, as she kissed Nick.

As Nick and Avery arrived the address, Sharon called Joe to tell them that his plan was going along as planned, unbeknownst to him, what Sharon really had in mind for Joe.

As Nick knocked on the door of the fake address Sharon gave him, Nick found it odd that no one was there.

"Nick, are you sure Sharon gave you the right address?" Avery asked, with nervousness.  "There doesn't seem to be anyone here?"

Avery appeared to be right.  "Avery, you wait outside while I check inside."

"No, Nick. Please don't leave me out her alone." Avery cried.

"Okay, Avery, let's look inside together." Nick said, as he opened the door, wondering why the door was unlocked.

As Nick and Avery searched the abandoned house, Sharon had found her way to the real address where Joe was hiding out with Jessica.