Chapter 3

Nick finds a tearful Avery in her cell.

“Avery, it's so good to see you back in Genoa City.” Nick said.  “But how did you wind up in here?”

“Nick, you have to help me?” Avery pleads with him.

“What's wrong?”

“It's Joe and Sharon!”

“What did Joe do now, and what's Sharon got to do with this?” a confused Nick questions.

“Joe faked documents saying that I kidnapped our daughter and Sharon helped him do it.”

“You took Joe's daughter away from him?”

“Yes, Nick, but Jessica isn't Joe's daughter.” Avery confesses.  “She's yours!”

“You had my child and you never told me?” Nick asks her, a little bit hurt.

“Yes, Nick, after I learned of your affair with Sharon, I learned I was pregnant with your child.” Avery confesses to him.  

“And Joe Clark took our daughter.” Nick says.  “Don't worry, Avery, I will get you out and help you find Jessica.”

Nick paid for Avery's bail and the two of them headed for Newman Enterprises to speak with Victor, since he knew Victor had means to locate Joe and find Jessica.  And since Jessica was Victor's granddaughter, Victor would make Joe sorry for taking her.

Meanwhile, Sharon called Joe and asked him if he managed to get out of Genoa City with Jessica who proudly announced that he did and she wished him well.  Meanwhile, she arranged a romantic dinner for Nick hoping he would agree to be a family with her and Faith again.