Watching the Avengers - part 8

The Quinjet lands down the Helicarrier. It has two runways. One with direct access to a hangar at the rear is aligned along the spine of the vessel. Coulson and Steve walk down the ramp, meeting up with Natasha.

Coulson: Agent Romanoff. Captain Rogers.

Steve: Ma'am?

Natasha: Hi. (to Coulson) They need you on the bridge. Face time.

"And that's how the love story started" Tony sings.

Coulson: See you there. Coulson walks away leaving Steve with Natasha, walking towards the railing of the ship.

Natasha: There was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?

Steve: Trading cards?

Natasha: They're vintage, he's very proud.

People who understood, laughed while Steve looked confused.

"She called you vintage, Capsicle" Tony tells him. 

Steve looks at Nat and pouts and she just laughs and ruffles his hair. 

Bruce doesn't notice them walking as he is nervous. He moves around as people keep walking in his way.

Steve: Dr. Banner.

Steve walks up to Bruce and shakes his hand.

Bruce: Oh, yeah. Hi. They told me you'd be coming.

Steve: Word is you can find the cube.

Bruce: Is that the only word on me?

Steve: Only word I care about.

Bruce: Must be strange for you, all of this.

Steve: Well, this is actually kind of familiar.

Natasha: Gentlemen, you may wanna step inside in a minute. It's gonna get a little hard to breathe.

"Why would it get hard to breathe?" 

Suddenly the Helicarrier starts shaking.

Steve: Is this is a submarine?

Bruce: Really? They wanted me in a submerged pressurized metal container?

They both move closer to the edge of the Helicarrier. Four huge lift fans mounted on the sides starts to lift into the air.

"Woah!" People say in awe. 

Steve watches in awe as Banner smiles.

Bruce: Oh no. This is much worse.

The doors part and we see a flurry of activity as dozens of agents sit in front of their view screens.

Hill shouts her instructions to leave. Turns to Fury, who is at the command chair.

Hill: We're at lock, sir.

Fury: Good. Let's vanish.

The Helicarrier rises high. Suddenly, the entire ship is covered in reflecting mirrors, which then camouflages in the sky.

"Wow!!" Everyone yells. 

"How can you do that without magic?" Dumbledore asks. 

"I said science" Nat responds, annoyed. 

Steve and Bruce walk through the bridge, taking his position at the Science console.

Fury: Gentlemen.

Steve gives Fury 10 bucks.

"You always loose bets" Nat smirks. 

"That's not true!" Steve says. 

 The Avengers give him a look. 

"Ok maybe it is, but still!" Steve says. 

Fury walks over Bruce and extends his hand. Bruce reluctantly shakes it.

Fury: Doctor, thank you for coming.

Bruce: Thanks for asking nicely. So, uh... how long am I staying?

Fury: Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the clear.

"That was a lie" Tony snorts. 

Bruce: Where are you with that?

Fury turns to Coulson to explain, while Natasha eyes an image of Clint on a computer screen.

"Look at how much you care about me" Clint teases. 

"Oh shut up" Nat says with a glare. 

 Coulson: We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cellphones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us.

Natasha: That's still not gonna find them in time.

Bruce: You have to narrow the field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?

Fury: How many are there?

Bruce: Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm based on cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?

"What did he just say?" Blaise asks. 

"It's complicated" Bruce responds. 

Fury: Agent Romanoff, would you show Dr.Banner to his laboratory, please.

Natasha nods and walks off, leading Bruce down the hall.

Natasha: You're gonna love it, Doc. We got all the toys.

-

-

Hope you liked it!