Chapter 6

It's been a few days since that incident...happened...

Everything happening sort of paused after that. By that, I mean, nothing interesting or amusing happened after that. Which I don't mind, it's just noticeable. If you're still struggling to get what I mean. It means that I haven't seen Yukinoshita in a few days, approximately 4 days.

I can't tell if she's avoiding me or she's rather been busy with something. I don't want to bother her right now because she could also be avoiding me for that reason. The reason being the event that happened during lunch break.

Enough of reminding myself of that. I just need to fulfill my task and just get my paycheck by the end of the day.

I was specifically called to clean up the receptionist table because the receptionist accidentally spilled coffee. While Komachi told me not to be rude, I don't know how you spill coffee on a surface that prevents you from spilling coffee.

The receptionist that spilled it must be dum-

"H-Hikki?"

I was just about to get my mop when I suddenly hear my name being called. Wait a minute, Hikki, isn't my name. It isn't my name at all.

So why did I respond to that name? And why did the person who called me that sound so familiar? My eyes begin to recognize the person who was standing there who was bewildered just like me.

Short pink hair...

Yeah, that's already a crimson flag.

"Y-Yuigahama?"

She plastered herself a big smile when I called her name.

"Oh my god! You still remember me!"

Shouldn't your line be a cliche; 'It's been so long! How have you been?'.

Are you trying to indicate that I have an insane memory loss?

Yuigahama comes up close to me, analyzing my work uniform, my work tags and other things...

"Wow... You're the janitor of this building? How come no one told me?!"

More importantly, why are you in this building with a work uniform?

"Right back at you. Since when did you appear like a Pokémon in this building? Did you just get accepted or something?"

"H-Hey, how rude! We just met after 6 long years and this is how you talk to me." She pouts, crossing her arm and avoiding looking at me with her eyes.

"S-Sorry, that's my bad."

"Eh?! You're apologizing to me? You've changed a lot! Even more than I presumed!"

What's that supposed to mean? You expect me to still have my high school philosophy and uniform or something?

"Just because you said that, I take back from what I said."

I mimicked her movement by crossing my arm and not looking at her in the face.

"Copycat! Copycat! I'll have you know that I work here full time job as a receptionist and a secretary for Yukinon! I'm challenging myself and working in 2 categories and getting double the pay!"

Since when did-

"I'm only an interim for the receptionist that had to go for a family emergency."
"Since my receptionist has been absent for a few days due to a family emergency, she is also my secretary."

Ah.... it seems there were small hints and clues that Yuigahama worked here but I didn't pay attention to it. Because it didn't have her name involved.