"happy" birthday

i never expected to live past the age of sixteen.

it was my sixteenth birthday and my mother and father threw a ball as that has been a family tradition for centuries.

i never liked the balls as i disliked all of my fathers friends and i admired most of their perfect families, except one. the malfoy family.

it was no surprise to our family that the malfoy's where death eaters as my father was also a death eater yet many people admired him so it was easy for him to blend in with every other "normal" wizard.

i was sitting on the roof of the arquette manor with a bottle of fire whiskey to myself and my lines beside me which was soon to disappear. i was listening to my parents speech. i sat there for hours watching the moon, sipping on the bottle and snorting the lines from beside me,becoming more and more high and tipsy until i felt a someone from behind me.

i turned to see a tall white haired boy, malfoy.

"you should probably try and sober up your parents are trying to find you." he spoke looking down at me.

me and malfoy grew up together due to our parents being so close yet when we both started hogwarts we became distant from each other and finally just stopped talking to one another.

"i don't give a fuck" i spoke with a straight face turning back round and layed down watching the moon infront of me once again.

"it wasn't a fucking request arquette get up, stop acting like a child" he said before walking off. what a dick.

i climbed back down the stairs almost tumbling a few times after drinking the whole bottle to myself and turned into the hall to where the ball was held.

"ah here you are. you stink of alcohol rouella- whatever- nevermind, you need to do your speech." my mother said while running over to me with my father behind her looking furious. she didn't notice i was high as i was mainly high all the time and it's also a muggle thing, she had no clue.

"you better not mess this up, rouella, seeing as your intoxicated. this has been a tradition in our family for centuries." he spoke with a harsh tone, i fucking hate him.

"listen up everyone, i would like to apologise for keeping you all waiting but rouella would like to say some kind words to everyone who came here today." my father spoke which made everyone silent and look at me. i hated being centre of attention, all eyes on me.

"ah, so much pressure on me tonight.. you see people here probably admire my family, think it's all jolly but you're so wrong.." i spoke as my father came towards me to get me to stop talking but instead i walked further and further away from him.

"you see my lovely father over here, hes not so lovely, just wait for the secrets to all come out.." i laughed to myself before running away my father following behind chasing me up the stairs of the manor, i think the substances in my system made me so confident tonight and made me say this all as i would never disobey my fathers commands, especially as i knew what the outcome would be.

the room erupted with whispers and people had disgusted looks on their faces except one person, malfoy. he seemed to be impressed with a small smirk tagged on his face.

once i ran upstairs my father caught up with me as soon as i managed to get to my room.

"you fool! what were you thinking! trying to make a bad impression on your mother and i? how selfish!" he snapped while starring at me.

i didn't reply. if i was truly honest i was scared of my father, but i would never ever let him see that

when i didn't reply i felt his fist hit my lip which made it instantly bleed. a small smirk tagged the corner of my lips and a small chuckle erupted from my lips.