Chapter Fifty- Three

Start from the beginning

Blood stained the ground in several areas, furniture was tossed, shards of glass were sprinkled into the carpet and almost immediately Iradessa growled at this. Her nose picked up strange scents. They were supernatural, musky but she couldn't exactly say who or what they were but knew they were close.

Seeing this, Adira kept her eyes and ears trained and while she did, the queen couldn't help but panic over the people being hurt. She didn't know them personally but she knew Colette would be devastated that her friends nor the revenants in the area didn't reach them in time. 

"There was more than one person in here who wasn't human," whispered Iradessa, her nose still sniffing the dirty air. There was also something else she couldn't quite distinguish. They weren't human but they weren't foul-smelling.

With their eyes and ears on even higher alert, the two people quietly manoeuvred their way around the home until they came to the source of the blood. Laying motionless in the middle of the kitchen was a bloodied individual, a succubus. Its wings were stabbed multiple times, and it sat with a knife plunged deep within its chest.

"God," mumbled Iradessa.

"I wonder which one of them could've done it," spoke the wolf and she clenched her jaw, abhorring the awful smell.

"Believe it or not it was the child, the younger one, the girl," Said Ouza and at his voice, the front door slammed shut and multiple footsteps rang within the home. Throughout the space, these frantic footsteps sounded until in every conceivable direction glowing eyes peeked at the women. Vampires filled the house, each wielding swords whose sharp blades reflected like mirrors.

Councilwoman Iradessa transformed quickly and her wolf stood in the room that became a box due to her being nearly as big as a fully grown horse on all fours. Her dark fur glistened beneath the light, eyes as black as the night, teeth abnormally white but a threatening sight because of its sharpness.

The woman snarled at the man who presented himself to them. He was tall, unusual looking. Adira grimaced at the sight of this man with pale skin. Horns so big they nearly touched the ceilings. The man with the blackened wings who was dressed partially in armour smiled, his teeth flashed before the women.

They were surrounded, outnumbered greatly from the woman's calculation.
Adira desperately wanted to shift upon that reality but she figured such a move would send a threat to the individuals who have not yet attacked. And although she was more than capable of taking them all, she couldn't due to the figure who tilted his head at them. The man behaved unusually, almost like a puppet but one so sinister looking.

"Don't worry, they nor I will not harm you unless I feel the need to,"

"How reassuring,"

"Yes, it is reassuring," smiled the devil and her majesty noted the man couldn't recognize what she'd uttered was sarcasm.

"It is nice to finally meet you, Adira," Ouza added, his black eyes were wide with wonder and astonishment. By divine law, he was looking at his niece, such an admirable creation she was and he had the right to exude such adulation. She was the spitting image of Isabella, so lean and utterly beautiful, so filled with potential, so strong.

"You must be the man who attacked Colette?"

"Apologies, your grace," he did a little, but an elegant bow. His blackened wings twitched as they did, Adira recognized the enormity of them. His wingspan was probably big enough to engulf the entire house they were in.

"I did not intend to startle the girl that badly,"

"Then what was your intention?"

"To talk of course," he lied. "I was hoping to maybe convince her to join the winning side. Such talent should not be wasted in the grave, especially not this early. It's why I've come here, to convince you of the same,"