Chapter 12: One Kiss

Jay's POV:

Thinking she could just leave me like that...out of the blue!

"The nerve of some people i swear..." i muttered to myself as I walked towards the fridge to grab a bottle of water. I opened it and grabbed a bottle then shut it. I turned around only to be faced with a very angry Emily...

"You know i didn't spend every minute with him. You out of all people know what i was doing Jay!!" She yelled at me. I stood there awkwardly as One Direction came in and sat at the dining table. They watched with curious looks as Emily threw her hands all over the place as she paced all over the kitchen...while i was still standing next to the fridge too scared to move.

Rule #1 With Emily: NEVER interrupt her when she's ranting. Never ever. NEVER.

You will end up dead or with a very serious injury that puts you in the hospital for a month and a very unuseful leg...just thinking about it sends shivers up my spine.

"GOSH DANGET JAY ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?!?!" She yelled making me drop my water bottle onto the ground. Good thing it wasn't open...

"Yes i was listening Em, but do i care? NO" I said bending over to pick up my bottle then making my way towards the living room again, but the blonde decided to block me.

"You dont care?" She looked at me with hurt eyes. I rolled my eyes and looked back at her...sometimes she could be very stupid.

"Wow, you really are blonde. Yes i care, yes i know all about it since you were hiding it okay, but that still doesn't give you the right to leave me hanging here for over a MONTH alone in this house that we share! Nobody knew where you were and you wouldnt answer your phone! You didnt even leave a note! How do you expect me not to be mad right now Emily?!"

It was true I knew what she was trying to hide, but i had no idea where she was going...i didn't think she'd leave out of the blue. That's what made me so mad is that she didn't tell her best friend.

Emily looked down and looked like she was about to cry. I stood there in front of her and started to relax now that i got it out and off my chest. I rolled my eyes and pulled her in for a tight hug. She let out an oof and then wrapped her arms around me tightly. We stood there for a good few minutes...just being in each others arms were comforting to us both. I laid my head on top of hers since i was taller and whispered into her hair.

"You know i would have helped you run away though, right Em?" All she did was nod her head and she started to bawl right there in my arms. I was taken aback at first but then i started to rub circles on her back and held her close telling her everything would be alright. Emily only had her older sister and I..but over the years, her sister and her became distant sadly. Emily left her parents when we were in high school since she couldn't take living with them and constantly being yelled at. She's lived with me ever since. I'm all she has now...

Even her boyfriend isn't even a real boyfriend! They barely hang out. No kissing. No hugging. NO CUDDLING. Nada. So he isn't even here for her. So when i freakin say i'm the only thing she has it's true. People can't seem to understand that when i tell them.

The boys just sat there at the dining table awkwardly, trying not to stare at Emily crying. They all looked at each other and then at me, so i nodded my head towards the back door that led to the beach right outside my back yard. They nodded their heads and went upstairs to get ready I assumed. I walked behind them into the living room to sit down and just let Emily let it all out. When i sat down, she burried her head into my lap and i just continued to rub her back. I know what she was going through was a very hard situation...I promised her i'd help her no matter what....because that's what best friends do.

The boys came back down in only their swim trunks, which i must say is very very attractive... Six packs and muscle...especially Louis...

NOPE NUH UH JAY!

NEVERMIND.

I mentally slapped myself for even thinking that. Ever since he's been around me i've gotten these weird feelings all of a sudden...I know what they are and i don't want them. All he is is my best friend. That's it. I know where dating your best friend leads to...a broken heart and a broken friendship...

I snapped out of my thoughts as Emily slowly started to drift off as the boys came over and looked down at her in worry. I looked up at them and caught how Niall looked the most concerned...he's not already falling for her..is he? I asked myself...

"Think she'll be alright Jay?" Liam asked as he tilted his head to the side looking at Em. I simply nodded my head and let out a huff of air as I relaxed a little.

"She's just...going through some stuff right now...that's all." I said looking down at her as i played with her long blonde hair.

Liam nodded and they all just stood there awkwardly again. I rolled my eyes and looked back at them and said, "You know you can leave anytime, this isn't a prison. Plus it's still early enough for you to go out and surf without being spotted. The beach doesnt usually get packed till later on in the day. This spot next to the house is also hardly used by people. It's mainly just our neighborhood that uses it." They all looked at each other like they were five again and started jumping up and down like crazy. I told them to hush and pointed at Emily who was now fast asleep. They all froze and nodded their heads before each one of them kissed me on the cheek and grabbed their stuff and ran out the back door...all except for Louis.

"Aren't you going to go with them Lou?" I asked as he laid his arms on the back of the sofa right next to my head. He looked down at me as i looked up at him and our eyes met. We both just stared at each other and then i realized he was leaning in. I started to close my eyes and so did he, whoa wait why am i closing my eyes, why is he, WHATS GOING ON?!?!

Then bam, fireworks went off as his lips finally reached mine. Our lips were moving together perfectly and all these feelings were going crazy in my head. He brought his hand and laid it down on my cheek slowly moving his thumb up and down. He slid his tongue over my bottom lip but that's when i pulled back. There was a part of me that knew we shouldn't be doing this... then there was that part that didn't want to stop either...Louis still had his eyes closed as i pulled away and he leaned his forehead against mine as we breathed heavily. I was speechless...I just made out with my best friend.

"I had too...I'm sorry Jay..." Louis whispers, then he kisses my lips one more time and with that, he's out the door. I sit there staring after him then i look back down at Emily who's still fast asleep...I look back up completely dumbfounded...

"What the fuck just happened..." I say out loud running my fingers over my lips.

~ ~ ~ ~Author's Note~ ~ ~ ~

FINALLY SOMETHING CAME TO ME!

It wasn't much but still :D

Ssssooo....yea i dont really have much to say...

So i guess...Vote, Comment, and Enjoy :)