Chapter 2 - You're hot and you're cold

Start from the beginning

Av chuckles, making me look up at her. Amber whirls around clearly wanting to chase cows. This morning the ride was easier, Av rode next to me chatting away. That's the one thing I really enjoy about Avalon's company, she just treats you the same, even though she can see you are struggling internally.

Her brother interests me, the one she told me she wouldn't stay here for. The one that she would never live anywhere without. She said he was coming at the end of the week. I'm not sure what to feel about it, on one hand the guy sound like wicked fun but on the other, he somehow holds the girl I love in the palm of his hand. The last thing I want to do is lose it with him but what if he tries to ply her from my life?

I take a moment to calm down at the thought.

No one I know has a relationship that strong with someone in their family. She said that her bond with Nathan was hard to describe, that without him life wouldn't be life. I guess, if Av thinks he's that great than I'll like him. It's him liking me that may be the problem. 

"Since some utterly amazing women have found their own kickass muscles and therefore not in need of a hunter type man in their lives, we have to talk cryptically to find out the smartest father for our offspring," she gives me a fake grimace. I'm hoping it's fake. "Yup. Sorry mate."

That's it, just the thought of her with someone else provokes into action me like nothing else. I reach up and pull her down to me. Her sharp intake of breath advertising her surprise. My lips find hers. I can't help but moan when her hand wraps around me neck, when she doesn't resist but readily kisses me. Amber moves around her nose snuffling in my pockets for the green frogs I don't have, inadverently taking Avalon from my arms.

Amber gets pushie, nipping at my shorts. "I don't have any girl." I murmur stroking her head with a smile. Glancing up I see a strange pinched expression on Av's dust covered face. 

"You okay Av?" 

She shakes whatever it was off and smiles. "I'm fine. Stupid periods, talk about women not evolving. I reckon we should have a number to call. "Hello ready to have kids now, bring 'em on. Hello? Finished procreating - turn them the hell off!'" her voice is full of growls at the end.

"Righto then," I manage, I'm not experienced in that arena at all.

"What?" Av crosses her arms. Amber prances on the spot. "I'm bloody serious..." she stops and chuckles. "I hate them!" her eyes rack my body from head to toe, her gaze becomes something other than annoyed. Electricity seems to crackle between our gazes, making my breath shorter and my body start shifting blood. "Ugh. I also detest ovulating!"

With that she's off, leaving me standing in even more dust.

                                                                ****((((((+.+))))))****

"Be gentle when you slide in ," Av encourages me. I try not to look at her twice. "She won't notice... much. Wait until you see a bull's pizzle you'll understand then."

Flea and Harry snigger from the other side of the crush. Harry, bloody old bastard, can't stop grinning.

The arm length glove feels hot and clingy against my skin as I raise it. Flicking a look at Avalon I say very, very quietly. "Big pay back. B.I.G."

Instead of looking scared Avalon looks thrilled. Times like these make me feel out of my league with her but also alive, like I'm swimming in a sea of sharks.

"Have your hand like this," she demonstrates as she pulls the victim's tail to the side. My hands follows her movement and hestitates at the... entrance.