Chapter 36

Roddy POV

"You okay?" I asked Serenity as she woke up in my arms.

"Ooh- Yeah, I just have a major migraine" She said sighing.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" I asked, she scrunched her eyebrows and looked up at me.

"Wait- Roddy... We're not together anymore. What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Aight so you don't remember anything" I said.

"Did we...?" She trailed off.

"No, no we didn't" I said, she sighed of relief saying "Good"

"Damn you ain't gotta say it like that" I said chuckling a little, and she sighed.

"Then what are you doing here if we didn't... Do the deed" She said.

"Ms.Porter called me and-"

"Ahh! Ms.Porter! I was supposed to meet up with her last night for tea but then I... Oh...." Serenity said sitting up in the bed.

"Yeah... You must've forgot, and then she called me because she was worried, and I came over here. Serenity, you were bent over the bathtub, heavily medicated off pills and alcohol. Why did you mix that shit?" I asked and she sighed.

"What does it matter" Serenity said getting out of the bed and she held her head.

"Because obviously you were upset or depressed enough to mix pills and alcohol" I said.

"It wasn't intentional alright? I just wanted to sleep, so I took a sleeping pill, and I had a drink afterwards without thinking about it" Serenity said.

"And that's it?" I said.

"That's it" Serenity said with an attitude.

"Why you got an attitude with me?" I asked.

"Why do you think? Roddy you dumped me out like garbage, wanna break up with me and throw shit in my face, and I'm supposed to sit here and smile in your face like I'm happy when I'm not?" She said, I sighed.

"Look, I just wanted to make sure you were okay, and see how you were doing because Ms.Porter was extremely worried. And I didn't dump you out like garbage" I said.

"Yes you did" She said.

"No I didn't, stop saying that shit Serenity" I said.

"Alright, I'm not tryna do this right now, my head is hurting, we'll talk about it later" Serenity said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah.. I just don't wanna fight with you" She said.

"I don't wanna fight either but you're fighting me on this, I just wanna make sure you're okay" I said.

"Well I'm good now, thank you for being here. I gotta apologize to Ms.Porter, I was so caught up in my shit I completely forgot about our tea time" Serenity said.

"Ms.Porter understands, don't worry. She knows you're dealing with a lot right now" I said.

"I know but still" She said.

"Serenity, you be too worried about other people. For once, can you just put yourself first? And focus on YOU getting right?" I asked her, she rubbed her face before sighing.

"Yeah.. I guess you're right" She said.

"Aight look, can we... Hug this shit out?" I asked, she looked at me for a second.

"I mean, yeah. I guess so" Serenity said.

Shit I ain't know we not together right now, but hopefully this will be a start. I never wanted to end things with Serenity, we just was sort of pushed there.