Chapter 21

Roddy POV

To be continued

"Well.. Serenity, if you got clarity then I'm sure you wouldn't mind me making this move and asking you something, right?" I asked.

"What is it?" Serenity asked.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked.

She looked at me for a second and I could tell she was nervous, and shit now I was starting to get nervous.

Because honestly? You never know with this woman.

She took a deep breath then grabbed my hand and said "Yes... Yes I will."

I smiled and said "You serious?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm serious" She said smiling too.

I pulled her in for a hug and she hugged me back before we started kissing and she held the side of my face sucking on my bottom lip before pulling away.

"Good... I love you" I said to her.

"I love you too" Serenity said.

"So.... How do you feel?" I asked.

She sighed a little.

"I feel good, good that I'm allowing myself to be happy again. This is just new to me now. Like... Being in a relationship you know?" Serenity said.

"Yeah I understand" I said.

"Because it's been 5 years. And before you, I was okay with being by myself and never dating again. I don't know how you did it but boyyyyy you came around and made me change my mind." Serenity said and we both laughed.

"I'm glad I made you rethink.." I said as she laid on my chest.

"Me too.. I think what helped me with this, was the closure I had with Ja'Von.." Serenity said.

"Closure? What you mean?" I asked.

"Well, yesterday I went to his grave. Well actually I've been going a lot lately to get answers because I was so confused. And I kept getting flashbacks, of him telling me things like if something were to happen to him, he really just wants me to be happy.. Things like that." Serenity said.

"I think he probably knew..." I said, from what it sounds like.

"Yeah.. I came to that conclusion yesterday." She said sighing. "And I came to the conclusion that he wanted me to be prepared. And wanted me to know that it's okay if I decided to move on, because he wants me to be happy. He was never selfish." She added.

"It's a good thing you went to see him and get that clarity" I said rubbing her back and I kissed her forehead.

"I'm so glad you understand" She said.

"Of course. Whatever it took for you to open your eyes, I let you do what you had to do" I said.

"Thank you." Serenity said.

"And now we can start fresh, me and you" I said as she was rubbing her hand over my abs.

"I agree, I'm excited. A little nervous. But excited!" She said.