When I get to the bathrooms, I immediately recognize two girls in there. They're popular, frat-girls. They're sluts and they sleep around the same as the boys used to.. 

I go into a stall before they recognize me.. but I listen to what they say..

"Did you hear that Niall Horan has gone and got himself a girlfriend?!"

"No fucking way! Niall? You're sure?" 

"Yep.. The guy who's actually slept with the most girls in Uni has got himself a girlfriend."

"How long do you think that'll last?"

One laughs then says "I give it a week."

and then they leave.

I didn't even realize the tears that were streaming down my cheeks until one fell and splashed on the tile floor. I wipe my cheeks quickly and pee then flush the toilet and walk out to the sinks. I start the water and look at myself as I wash my hands.. 

Suddenly Sophia comes in and says my name. 

"I'm in here!" 

She comes over to me and gasps. "Hey, are you alright?!" "Uhm.. Y-yeah.." 

"Babe, you were crying.. what's wrong?"

"Don't tell anyone?" She nods in response and grabs me a few paper towels so I can dry off my hands.. 

"I'm so confused.. About..."

And she finishes my sentence: "Niall."

I nod. She takes my face in her hands and looks me dead in the eyes as she talks.. 

"Liam says he's never, ever seen Niall like this.. Harry and Louis told me Niall is totally whipped.. and I've only been around for about a month but I know about him.. and I know he's never had a girlfriend. And I know he's certainly never came home and told the boys every detail about a girl's eyes, smile, and laugh."

"H-He did that?"

She nods and smiles widely. 

"I was at the house for a bit, the day you guys first hung out or something, and he went on and on about your hazel eyes and how even though you act like you hate him, he wanted nothing more than to talk to you again"

I feel my heart fucking melt in my chest and I can't stop myself from smiling.

"So.. should I worry?"

"I certainly wouldn't"

When Sophia and I leave the bathroom, I make sure and thank her again before going over to Niall. "Hey, babe, are you okay??" "Yeah, of course. Was just having trouble with my shorts and Sophia helped me.. kinda, uhm, girl stuff. Awkward. Y'know.." He nods and takes my hand, lacing our fingers, then he leads me out to the car where Louis and Harry are sitting on the hood, waiting for us. Liam is leaning on his car, waiting for Sophia, who came out right behind us.

I can't help but wonder if she knows that he cheated on her.. Like, did they talk about it? Does Liam do that often? He looked so disappointed in himself when it happened though.. and he certainly doesn't seem like that type of person.. He seems to genuinely love her so much..

Could Niall ever love me?