Final Warning

Thinking back to Cassian's techniques, I kick him in the guts, pushing him further off of me to give me the chance to distance myself again. Trying to catch my breath, I roll onto my side before standing up as Tamlin does the same.

"Fuck! What are you even doing here?! Unannounced and unwelcome!" Tamlin's claws finally slip out and I can't help but take a step back. Immediately, I regret that small act of fear. 

"I'm here to teach you to keep your filthy paws OFF my family. I think you forget who stands behind Chrissy and WHO rules over the night court." 

I blind him with a storm of snow which swirls around his body. This time, he didn't stay down. He had been holding back, I realised, but I'd pushed him. I'd pulled his last straw. I try to jump out of his way, but it was too late and he was too fast. Grabbing me with his claws, he slammed me to ground. 

"GET OFF MY LAND, FEYRE. What is it he calls you? Darling? Where's the high lord himself now? Too much of a coward to come so he sends his consort instead?"

"This is our fight. Always has been." I wince, trying to break free of his hold. 

"That's what you wanted me to be. You wanted me to stay back, you wanted me to hide. You're lucky he isn't here, because he wouldn't show you the kind of mercy I'm showing you right now, Tamlin." I practically spit his name. Focusing on my breath, I gather the energy around me before exploding a huge ball of light which threw him across the garden. 

"And don't you ever fucking talk about my mate like that."

Brushing the dirt off my pants, I feel a sting in my arms, realising he'd cut me, but that last hit had finally seemed to knock most his strength out. 

"I just came here to warn you, Tamlin." I stumble forward, the adrenaline beginning to fade, making me realise how tired I actually was from the day. "If I ever see you laying a hand on anyone in my family, anyone in my court, I will personally kill you myself. I've got a line of people who will help me or volunteer if I need it." 

Tamlin gasps for air as he tries to stand. He lunges for me again, but his movements aren't as quick and I easily dodge him, pushing him back with another barrier which makes him growl with anger. 

"Not fun to be on the other side of a barrier, is it?" I know I've hit a nerve as I see Tamlin freeze for a second. I know he's remembering what he did to me. 

"I owe you for helping me escape Hybern, for helping me save Rhys, but consider that debt repaid tonight. You and I? We're nothing."

"I gave you everything, Feyre. You could have had everything. You're the one who left me." 

"You gave me nothing! You might have brought me comfort at one time, but you never looked past your own troubles, never looked past what YOU wanted. Did you ever try to understand what I was going through? I didn't lose anything when leaving you. I GAINED everything." 

Glaring at Tamlin one last time, I turn around, prepared to winnow home before I remember something. I don't bother to turn around completely, only looking back with my face. 

"Maybe instead of worrying about who your son is with, you should take care of your court... And if I see you trying to get in the way of Chrissy and Callan's happiness, I'll pay you another visit. Be sure of that." 

"Let this be your last warning." I say before winnowing back home, finding myself in the hallway in front of our room.