Lost Without You-Daniel 'Hondo' Harrelson

Your P.O.V

"Is it possible to get blueberry instead of strawberry? My son's allergic." I say to the kind waiter. She nodded and puts through our dessert order. "You know I can order for myself now." My 18 year old son Axel stated and I roll my eyes.

"I'll always order for you no matter what age you are." I say and he shakes his head. "Where's dad when you need him." He jokes and I gasp, throwing my napkin at him. He laughs, "I'm just kidding, Mom. You're my favorite." "I better be." I warn and he wiggles his eyebrows.

The waiter drops off our desserts and Axel takes a bite of mine right away. Some things never change. "We should stop by to see Dad on the way home." He said and I nodded. Axel had his last day of high school yesterday and now we're out for lunch celebrating his achievements.

I'm also just trying to enjoy every moment I have with him since he'll be off to college next year and I won't be able to see him until school breaks. "Alright, should we head off?" I ask and he nods getting up. I leave a tip on the table for our waiter and made our way to the car. 

We got in the car and Axel's phone started ringing. "What?! When??" He gives me a worried look and I mouth 'what'. "Th-there's been a bomb threat at Armani's school, Mom." He cries and my heart drops.

I've never started the car so fast in my life and I push that gas pedal so hard it scared Axel a little. "Mama, we can't help Armani if we're dead!" He yells, holding on tightly to his seatbelt. "Call your father right now!" I yell back, swerving my way through traffic.

"He's not picking up. What do I do?" He asks. "Try uncle, Deac." I say and he nods. "Still nothing." I let out a loud sigh. They must have a case. "We're here. Try calling Hondo again." I say and I aggressively turn into Armani's elementary school where we see a few LAPD vehicles.

Axel and I jump out of the car and I had so much adrenaline running through my body that I didn't think to lock up the car. "Mom, I see dad. Dad!" He calls and I turn to where he's looking and I could see my husband briefing his team.

I grab Axel's hand and head over to where LAPD are standing, stopping people from passing through. "I need to get through please my daughter's in there!" I plead. "I'm sorry ma'am. I can't let you pass this line." He says and shake my head. "No, ple-"

"It's okay, officer. She's with me." I look behind him to see Hondo. "Omg! Hondo, where's Armani? Our little girl is in there." I cry as he engulfs me in a big hug. "Don't worry I'll get her out of there, okay? I'll bring our baby girl back safely, I promise." I give him a kiss hoping and praying that it wouldn't be the last.

"Son, stay with your mother. Stay back, okay?" I pull Axel closer to me as we watch my husband and his team enter the big building. After what felt like forever, a cop yelled out to hold fire because the hostages are coming out.

My eyes are fixated to the front door and the anticipation was killing me. Then seconds later Hondo walks out with Armani in his arms and the other kids in tow.

 I instantly let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding and ran straight towards them

 I instantly let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding and ran straight towards them. "Oh thank goodness!" I smile holding onto them for dear life. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to my family.