22| I was 9 when it first happened

The rest of the week was spent in this way

The rest of the week was spent in this way. I avoided my family like the plague and spent the majority of my time in my room or outside. Only Luca made an attempt to speak to me. Yet, I would ignore him and shut him out. Likewise with my friends. They tried to talk to me, but it was useless. If I slept at all, I would get up early and leave the house before my family awoke. I usually used my excuse of going to work to avoid seeing them. I would doze off throughout class in school, remaining silent the entire time.

During lunch I would sit by myself outside under one of the trees and ignore all the stares I got. Liam couldn't attend because he had a lot of work to do at home, but he would constantly text me to make sure I ate. He always got the reassurance that I did. Though I lied. I don't eat. I couldn't.

I was only able to eat an apple but that was it. Otherwise, I would throw up, almost like a habit. Anytime I put food into my body, my body immediately goes to the washroom to get any calories out of my body. I would return to work after school and sit there silently, lacking the energy to do anything. Nicole has been concerned about me ever since she found out about my depression, but she makes no further questions. After dinner, I would return home and head straight to my room. The maids would provide meals that I didn't eat again.

The nights were terrible. With a maximum of two hours of sleep. I was unable to close my eyes without having thoughts about Nicholas or Papa's expression on the day of the fight. His expression of pain made me feel bad about what I had done. I want to apologize so badly but my mind won't let me speak. I told myself it was best this way since they seemed to be caring less and less lately. That way when I leave I know it won't hurt them.

Pathetic bitch

I enter school with simple jeans and a random hoodie that I found. Recently, I haven't given much thought to my appearance because I lack the energy to do anything. My friends swiftly made their way to me after spotting me. Mateo draps his arm around my shoulders, I tense up and gently shrug it off. Mateo seemed upset but missed to notice my anxiety. When I turn to the side, I notice Marco looking at me closely. I turn away as I move faster away from the group.

"Bella!" Someone shouts from behind me as I halt in my place. The sudden feeling of dizziness makes me wince slightly. A hand is placed on my shoulder as I take a step away. Noah quickly retracts his hand, giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Are you okay?" I nod my head slowly. The ones who knew about my past gave me a sad smile while the others looked at me in confusion and concern. I shake my head at them and quickly walk to class with them behind me.

Class continued as usual. They would try to speak to me, but I would respond in silence because I didn't feel like talking. Despite feeling bad about my rude behavior, I couldn't change it. God, I'm such a bitch.

I choose to leave early because I have a free period at the end of the day. My phone starts to ping as I move towards my car. As I go to grab it, I simply find another message from Nicholas.