"Ah, Harry, my boy, I was beginning to worry," Slughorn turned around to greet them. "We've brought others with us, I see."

"Ron Weasley, sir," Ron introduced. "But I'm a dead awful at potions, a menace, actually."

"Yeah, me as well," Mya and Ron tried to slowly back up. "We should probably just go-

"Nonsense, we'll sort you two out," Slughorn waved them off as Harry grabbed both their sleeves so they couldn't go running out of the classroom. "Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out."

"Oh, sorry, sir. I haven't actually got my book yet," Harry told him. "Neither does Ron or Mya."

"No to worry, get what you want from the cupboard," Slughorn turned back around to his class. "Now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?"

The three walked over to the cupboard. Mya opened it up, and sat on one of the shelves were three copies of Advanced Potion Making, by Libatius Borage. Two were fairly new, and one looked battered and beaten up. 

Without saying a word to one another, they each dove to get one of the new books. Mya, being the smallest of the three, got one of the new books first as she shoved her way between the two boys. Ron shoved her into Harry as he grabbed the other one. Leaving Harry with the older copy. 

Mya and Ron high five before they walked back over to join the class.

"And this is Amortentia," Hermione was standing with her book held close to her chest in front of one of the three cauldrons sat on the table. "The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. For example, I smell freshly mown grass, and new parchment, and... spearmint toothpaste."

Hermione shook her head a bit as she walked back over to Lea.

"Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room," Slughorn placed a lid on top of it as some girls started to move towards it. They each blushed as they stepped back. 

"Sir?" Parvati Patil raised her hand. He gave her a signal to continue. "What's in that one?"

"Oh, yes," Slughorn picked up the tiny vial from its stand. "What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis. But it's more commonly referred to as-"

"Liquid luck," Hermione finished for him. 

"Yes, Miss Granger, Liquid Luck," Slughorn held it up for them to see. "Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip and you will find that all your endeavors succeed. At least until the effects wear off. So, this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vile of liquid luck to the student who, in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death, the recipes for which can be found on page ten of your books. I should point out, however, only once did a  student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence."

Everyone opened up their textbooks as they walked over to their workstations, trying to figure out where to start and what they needed.

And once they did find that out, it only got more hectic in the room. The first optical the faced was with the Sopophorous bean. They went flying around the classrooms and whizzing over people's deads as they tried to duck for cover. 

Mya took her knife as she tried to stab the thing repeatably.

"Mya!" Lea hissed as she placed her hands onto of her friends. "It says cut, not act out a murder scene. I will take your knife away from you."