Just as i managed to take in the scene... The front door slammed open, and my neighbor screamed. She called the police and said i killed my dad.

I tried to protest but no one listened to me.

They sent me to a mental hospital and trust me, the ones here in Korea are hell..

I got out when i was 13 and the rest you already know. Old lady with a shop, joined gangs to earn money and now here i am."

I was speechless. And i thought i had it terrible.

"I.... I don't know what to say.... I'm sorry" i said lowly, grabbing his shoulder.

A gasp escaped my lips when he looked at me, his eyes were teary and he smiled at me.... It was little... But it was there alright.

"I wanna get out of here" i mumbled not expecting any response in particular.

"Same. I don't want to die here. My life was ruined enough as it is... So..."

Behind me, the timer read 9 minutes and i knew it was time.

"Don't expect me to go easy on you... I don't want to die here. So don't you go having pity on me.

If killing you means i can walk out of here, a shit load of money in my account... Then so be it" Aakesh suddenly glared at me unexpectedly.

I thought we were bonding....

But deep down, i knew he was right. If one of us wanted a chance at walking out of here without a bullet in our head, we'd have to give it out beat shot.

"Why did i even tell you any of this?" Aakesh asked, grabbing his bag of marbles, urging me to do the same.

"You're gonna die here anyways... Might as well entertain you with some sad ass back story huh?" He laughed.

I stared at him confused, is he really talking to himself? Like a full on conversation??

He cleared his throat and looked back at me a look of hatred in his eyes, one that left me dumbfounded.

I can't say i blame him though.....

I gave him a blank look in response...

"Lets explain the rules shall we? You have to guess the marbles in my closed palm. If its even or odd...

If you're right, I'll give you the marbles and vise versa. I already told you, if killing you means i survive, then ill do it in a heartbeat...

Friend or not..." He smirked at the end as he bent down to my face, his face only inches from mine.

I nodded my head without a word...

Lets play...

"Ladies first"

I placed 2 marbles in my hand, I'm starting off safe....

I placed my closed fist in front of him slowly, praying to whatever God was up there that he got it wrong.

He's not the only one who wants to survive.

I have S/n back home... I can't simply die and leave her here alone...

The boy in front of me raised his eyebrows in amusement, "even" he said.

My heart dropped to my stomach in that particular moment. I could almost hear his laugh.

Was this the Aakesh from the other day?

The one who took me to bed? He thought I was asleep but from the fear of this place, i was cautious even in my sleep.

I heard him whisper....

He opened his palm expectantly, snickering as he grabbed the marbles from my palm.

He turned from me and brought his fist a few seconds later. If i messed up, im fucked..

"E-even" i said, stuttering... Obviously anxious and unsure of my answer.

He laughed and opened his hand, revealing 5 marbles. I heard a small pathetic fall from his mouth as i handed him my 4 marbles.

So far, he has 16 and i have only four.

No sign of sadness or remorse was seen on his face... Like he didn't care if i died or not.

I took this time to take in his features. He was undeniably attractive in his own way.

I'd be lying if i said i didn't have tiny crush on him.... I never had a male my age care for me.... But i guess that was until now....

He narrowed his eyes at my staring and flicked my forehead in annoyance.

"I'd rather prefer you die alone than both of us dying together you know?

Hurry the fuck up. There's only 3 minutes left."

He pushed me backwards towards the wall. He turned around, fishing around for more marbles, which led me to do the same.

I decided to risk it all... For S/n and my future..... For a better life...

I swear i saw his expression falter at the sight of me. I was sweating and i felt icky, but the hard expression on my face said it all.

I was playing to kill....

"..... The hell is with that glare?... I'd say....

Even"

Im fucked....

A/n: When your father is still living in the 1900s

Him: "You have to cook"
Me: "Why?"
Him: "Cos as a girl, its your responsibility and job"
Me: 😀 what...the f-

But anyways, MERRY CHRISTMAS MY CHILDREN!😭❤

Not proof read but...