Chapter 18

Teddy's POV■

  I stared into Raina's beautiful brown eyes. They were so lovely, like her. My peace time was broken when Vern stood up and pointed across the playground. Chris and Chelsea were running fast to our direction. A red-haired girl that looked demented came trailing behind them. The girl grabbed Chris' free hand (the other was intertwined with Chelsea's for some reason) and started to hold it close to her heart. Chris ran free toward us like never before. "Gordie! Get this thing away from me!" Chris and Chelsea finally got to the playground without the weird "thing" trying to get at them. "Aw! But I really love you!" the girl looked upset. All of us started laughing hard at all this. Everyone except Chris, Chelsea, and the girl. Chris shouted for someone to help or get the girl out of there, but we continued to laugh.

  Once we all stopped laughing, the girl gave Chris a dreamy look and skipped off somewhere else. "Thank goodness!" shouted Chris. Chelsea and Chris noticed they were still holding hands and gave each other an awkward look before letting go. I can see something's gonna happen. Or it's just the fact that I think love is meant for everyone since I'm with Raina. Chris laid back on the grass giving a relieved sigh. "Oh my gosh, who is that monster?" he asked.

  Matt, Stella, and Erin were finally back. "We've got da Pez!" shouted Matt. He held up a fist full. Vern ran up to him and grabbed all the cherry flavoured Pez. Stella and Erin came up to Chelsea and asked about Briana. I cringed at that, I don't want to hear her name for a little while. Raina and I held our hands tightly together as we shuffled over to Matt. Stella and Erin stared at Raina as they whispered something to Chelsea in shock. I saw Chelsea nod and Chris walked over to them. Gordo and Vern were too busy catching up with Matt and enjoying Pez to realize how annoyed I was. "Matt!" called Chris. "Be right back," Matt said as he handed the bag of Pez to Gordie. The group whispered to each other for a few minutes as they stole a few glances at Raina and I. "Dammit!" Matt shouted. I started to get concerned. "I'll be right back," I said to Raina as I walked over to the group.

  "What's going on?" I asked. No answer. "Someone tell me?" I asked again. No answer. Again. "Somebody tell me, please," I said, trying to keep my chill. "Does the name Briana ring a bell to our present issues?" asked Chelsea, not making eye contact with me. "Yeah, it does, and I wish not to hear it again," I yelled. I looked back to see what Raina's reaction was, but she was talking to Vern and Gordie. I'm glad she's not in this problem at all. I think we may be dating, even. "We need to talk about that," said Stella. I shook my head and turned around but two sets of hands grabbed each of my arms and pulled me back. "No, we're talking about this," Chris said. I rolled my eyes. "What?" I said.

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

  It's been two hours and I'm still in shock about the story they told me. Briana did that for me? I sat on the couch staring at the floor. Matt went home and so did Stella, it was just the four boys and I with Chelsea's family. Raina went home earlier today, she had important things to do. Chelsea's family was having supper and Chris, Gordie, and Vern were upstairs rearranging our bedroom. "Teddy, do you wanna eat something?" asked Selena. "No, thank you, Mrs. Rivera," I replied. She gave a laugh. "It's about time you call me Selena," she said. I chuckled at that. "Okay," I replied. "Selena." Briana kept shooting annoyed looks at me. I tried to ignore that, but it was impossible after what I had been told.

  I went upstairs to see what the boys had done. They were playing cards on a little wooden table we had found in the basement. "What do you want Teddy?" asked Gordie. I gave him a dirty look. "I sleep here," I said. "Also, what is wrong with me coming to my bedroom?" Chris dropped his cards. "How about the fact you left your best friends for some retarded girl?" I gave him a disgusted look. "She's not retarded," I said.
  "Sure," said Vern.
  "Hey, Vern, at least she's smarter than you," I replied. Vern dropped his cards also and stood up. "And since when do you pay more attention to girls than your best friend?" I was getting very frustrated right now. I wiped off the table with my arm, destroying their game. The boys complained and whined. "You all deserved that," I said with a smirk. "Oh yeah? We deserved that? Get out, Teddy. Treat your friends with respect. Family I should say," said Chris with a serious tone. With that I left the room - er - the house, slamming the door behind me. I sat down on the front steps and rubbed my temples. I am a monster after looking at everything. Briana did that for me, I should've listened to Chelsea. But still, Raina has given me more than I wanted, all in a day.