Chapter 16

Chelsea's POV■

  I am very delighted with my life right now. My parents have agreed to register the boys in for school for grade eight. It's a huge risk, but I'll get people used to the fact that the Stand by Me characters are going to their school. Teddy and Briana are crushing hard on each other. They aren't dating, but they sure act like they are. Chris is still acting weird around me, I guess he still likes me, as I do like him, too. We never ever talk about it; that would wreck our friendship. I don't know if these boys are staying twelve forever, they have changed a little bit in these months. As we all know, I know how they'll turn out, there's Google. It would be totally strange if I had never searched up River Phoenix, Wil Wheaton, Jerry O'Connell, or Corey Feldman. I know what they'll look like, but they will be different. These are the characters, not the actors.

  I walked to school, walking slowly to my bus stop. Everything will be different next year, I will be expected to be a perfectionist in following junior high rules. Nothing will be so new, excpet the fact that I'll have my best friends by my side.

  It is the last day of school. After this, it will be pure rest and fun. I remember when we all beat Ace in our fights, I think we will be able to defeat him again. Ace has been reported to the police a few times, but that's just Ace being Ace. I am not as scared to face him anymore.

  The sun was nearly rising, it hid behind the tall apartments in front of me. I continued to walk to my bus stop, no backpack slung over my shoulders, no homework being carried. I kicked a small rock in front of me, it reminded me of last summer, when we used to play soccer almost twenty-four seven. I smiled at the thought, but it faded when I thought about today. The thing that hit me the most was the fact that in two months, I'll have four boys walking behind me and I'll be in charge and responsible if anything happens to them. I'm still not one hundred percent sure about my choice; it is very risky.

  I stood in my bus stop, waiting for the big blue bus that would transport me to my school for the last time this year. I sat on a little bench in the bus stop as my head leaned on the glass. I clicked my phone on and checked the time. There is still ten minutes until the bus comes. I called my house and asked for any of the boys. I'll have them tag along today if they want. "Hello?" I asked.
  "Hey," Teddy answered.
  "Do you guys wanna come to school today?" I asked.
  "Um... we are a little busy today. I would love to but, I have to deal with something," he said.
  "Oh, I see. It's fine," I said.
  "Bye," he said quietly.
  "Yeah, bye," I replied. The bus pulled into the curb and the doors swung open. I boarded the bus revealing my bus pass to the bus driver. I went to the back of the bus, where I could see everything, see everyone, and think everything. Teddy sounded a little odd on the phone. It was like he was hiding something. I hope they aren't planning anything mischievous.

  I stepped off of the bus waving to my bus driver, who knows if I'll ever see him again. I walked accross the little road and waited for my second bus. This one would take me in front of my school. This place is very quiet. It's lonely, quiet, but peaceful. You will get the occassional speeding car now and then, but it is completely quiet.

  I got onto my next bus and stood near the front, the whole bus was full, yet we still had to pick up a few high schoolers on the way. I pressed my phone on, admiring the Stand by Me wallpaper I created.

  As I arrived at the school, I noticed someone who looked alike to River walking on the sidewalk. I think I'm over thinking. Well, I must now carry on with my day, facing reality.

•●•●•●•●•●•●•

  As I arrived home, the house was filled with a strange feeling. My parents weren't home, they went out with the younger kids. Erin was on her iPod, surfing through Netflix. The house was quiet... let me rephrase that. The house was quiet with the exception of the shrieks and yells coming from the basement.