Dear Readers ❤️

Start from the beginning

"Ode! I've been looking for you"

I narrow my eyes at him. "Who do you think you are talking to?"

"Abeg! No give me lecture this morning. Where is my note?" He says and drops himself on the desk in front of me.

"Your manner of approach is just too shameful," I hiss.

"Thank you. Where my note dey?'

"Like... I'm so disappointed in you"

"I no appoint you to be be proud of me before, so...rest abeg! No stress my life!"

"I can't even begin to pick words that best describe your behavior"

"I'm telling you. No stress me"

I rise from my seat and go to meet a few friends of mine. "This John sef ehh," I tell them and sit amidst them.

"Where are you going?" I hear his voice but choose to ignore. 

"What happened?"

"Like this oo....I was in a good mood before he started calling me idiot"

They all burst into laughter.

"Nah today?" A girl exclaims. "Is that not how they all like to behavior? It's either you are called idiot, mumu or ode".

"That one is small sef. What about werey?" Another chirps in.

"Let me not even begin to explain bastard or bitch," a boy amongst us adds. "The one that use to pain me pass is when someone will just say, 'Your father!' Na wa oo".

"Or thunder fire you," my closest friend, Sandra says with a chuckle.

"E no go better for you," another girl announces in amusement.

I heave a sigh and shake my head. "It shouldn't be so. Such words shouldn't be heard in the mouth of a Child of God".

"It's hard not to say it," Sandra says and shrugs.

"The Bible says in Proverbs 18:4 The words of a man’s mouth are deep waters;
the fountain of wisdom is a gushing stream," I inform them with a friendly smile.

A girl is quick to counter. "You can't really control the words. They come naturally".

I wave my hand at her. "I do not agree".

"The Biblse says in that same Proverbs that, 'The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit'. Check it yourself. It's in Proverbs 15:4. You can either give life or death with your words. When the Bible says, thou shall not kill. It doesn't only mean the physical. You can kill a person emotionally with the words you choose to use".

John arrives at my side and nudges my arm with his. "She has come to give you guys her speech abi? No wahala. Preach on, sister".

"John," I turn to him.

"What did I do now?" he growls.

"Jesus is speaking to you, listen"

"How?" he says with an intent to mock me. I ignore his mischievous stare and say, "Read your Bible. He is speaking to you".

"Did I tell you that I don't read my Bible?" He snaps and glares at me.

"I just want to point something out," I raise my hands in surrender. "No offense intended".

"And what's that?"

"A Bible verse"

"Aargh! Did I tell you I'm not a born again?" he hisses and sends harsh glares at me.