3 part2

The following morning I truly regretted waking up. Because the first thing I heard was the angered voice of mum coming up the stairs.

“Wake your ass up!”

It almost scared me at the demanding tone she spoke in.

Mum was calm more than often and handled matters with so much grace. But there was zero grace in the way she yanked my covers off me. At this point she had already gotten into my room.

       After prying my eyes half open and running my hands over my face I finally saw her much clearer. She stood at the end of the bed with her arms on her hips. As it was a Saturday morning she was dressed in a silk robe and her dark curly hair was up in a scarf. But I couldn’t get past the frustrated look on her face.

      “Where the hell were you last night?”

      “Huh?” I mumbled. I couldn’t even think straight with the burning migraine ringing in my head.

      “Last night? Some kid brought you home gone out of your head.” She hissed in a more silent tone. This scared me way more than her screaming did.

It was only as I was stretching my arms out when I realised my clothes felt awfully loose on me.

I slowly look down to find I was dressed in an oversized, chequered t-shirt that looked much like something you’d find in Jay’s closet rather than mine.

“Holy crap.” I whispered trying to avoid eye contact with mum after my sudden consciousness.

      “Holy crap indeed” she hastily headed towards the door again with her robe swinging behind her like a cape. “You better get your ass up and showered. Its mid-day already and you have a lot of explaining to do you young lady.”

I walked out of my bed and into the bathroom. I reluctantly stared in the mirror. Saying I looked a hot mess would’ve been an understatement. My hair was nappy and smelt horribly. My face was pale and blotchy and Keith’s shirt made me look more like an ex-addict than anything else.

As I continually stared at myself in the mirror I couldn’t help but have flashbacks of last night. Adam.

Why was I thinking about him so much? I was getting way ahead of myself. He obviously didn’t care in the slightest way that he almost drowned me.

And as for Riley I felt like the biggest piece of carp for what I did to. I decided I’d drop by her house later and apologise.

I pushed all thoughts of last night at the back of my mind and took a long cold shower, making sure to wash out any traces of chlorine from my hair.

When I got down stair twenty minutes later, mum was sitting on the couch with her glasses on, skimming through a book. Jaeson was in the kitchen and I guessed Peter was still in bed.

The clock now read twelve forty-six.

Mum looked up and gestured for me to sit beside her.

“Just so you know.” She slid her glasses down so it sat on the bridge of her petite nose. Mum was really pretty to say the least. She had big dark brown eyes and lashes that reached her brow bone. Her skin was an even, ebony-brown and her cheekbones were high whilst her lips were full and plump. I remember Dad always staring at her and saying she looked like art. I never understood that, I guess I do now.