one.

Lucia's outfit when she arrives

Lucia's outfit for the feast

London, September 25th 1465

When news had arrived that morning that their guest was approaching only hours behind the rider final preparations had been made for the feast that was to be held to welcome the rich Italian. By the time a gathering of people four men and one woman approach on horseback with two carriages riding in behind them practically the entire court has congregated outside, nobles and servants alike in hopes of catching a mere glimpse of the illustrious Italian beauty. The king and the Queen stand in front of everybody else and by the time the riders and the carriages come to a stop all is silent before the four men dismount their horses and move to aid the woman in doing the same only for her to wave them off. She then dismounts gracefully and all at court can see the beauty before them for the first time and finally all understand why she is known as the most beautiful woman in the world, a couple of the maids even sign the cross entirely certain that such a beauty could only be a gift from the lord himself.

Though her clothes are certainly fine, unlike anything to be found in England, and the jewels that shine from her headpiece, earrings and rings almost glow with how magnificent they are, the true beauty is the woman that wears them as they belong. A few almost feel the need to kneel or bow for such grace is only known to belong to queens and the such but before any such action can be taken the king moves from his place beside his wife and queen to take a step forward closer to the beauty, a dazed look on his face.

"Madonna De Medici you are welcomed here at court" The king smiles before the young lady takes to a curtsy and the women that file out of one of the carriages soon follow her example and make work of doing so themselves.

"Your majesty" she greets, her voice soft, her accent heavy but all that hear her find that the smoothness of the way she pronounces each word suits her entirely.

"Allow me to introduce you to my wife, the Queen Elizabeth" King Edward speaks leading the beauty over to his blonde queen who though she has a smile on her face seems to be anything but welcoming of her entrance to court. The woman though twelve years older than the Italian is quite beautiful and had it not been for her less than welcoming demeanour Lucia is quite sure they would have made brilliant allies in times to come but it seems she would have to turn her attentions elsewhere.