𝘷𝘪𝘪𝘪. 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘵

"Karma? Who—" [name]'s face scrunched in slight confusion before she turned to who she thought was Aka

Karma avoided her piercing gaze as she finally grasped the situation at hand.

"Oh, I see now..." She muttered, the clear look of betrayal was present on her face. She made a mocking joke, "Didn't see that coming, what's next, you can actually talk?" She grimaced.

There was an elongated period of silence, especially from Nagisa and Karma as they looked away from her.

"Seriously..?" [name]'s voice cracked as a frown became prominent across her face. She tried to understand, but she just couldn't see how it would benefit anyone or the situation. "What am I, chopped liver?" She mumbled under her breath quietly, it was plain to see that she was hurt.

Karma could hear his consciousness in the back of his head, and it was Terasaka's voice nonetheless, how pathetic.

"You keep hiding shit from everyone, but it's gonna bite you in the ass one day, you fucking dumbass."

Well if it isn't the consequences of his own actions biting him in the ass.

"I really want to be mad at you," [name] exhaled roughly, "—maybe even slap your stupid face," She added, but ultimately, sighed in defeat. "But there's no use in making the situation worse."

— 🐚 —

"So... You were friends before... Years ago, and then," [name] trailed off as she put the pieces of Nagisa's story together.

They sat next to one another on the dock, Karma off to the side in the water. Of course he had chosen to stay near [name]'s side, even if she was irritated with him that he refused to talk to her and were considered to be friends mutually. But he still felt a simmering anger towards Nagisa. He never explained himself for his disappearance or the reason that he just left him behind like that.

"What happened then? Because it seems like he doesn't like you..." [name] sighed softly as she glanced over to Karma's sunken form, only leaving his eyes and above to be revealed to them.

Nagisa rubbed the back of his neck, "That's on me... I stopped showing up," He looked guilty once more before elaborating, "After my parents divorced I moved in with my mom. She didn't want me anywhere near the beach since she wanted me to focus on my grades and getting into a good college." Nagisa let his hands fall in his lap as his words seemed to now be directed at Karma, "I really tried to visit, but I was always caught in the end by her or one of the guards strolling the beaches at night. I'm... Sorry, Karma, really."

In response, Nagisa merely got watered down in the face by the red head.

"Karma!" [name] sternly called out as she glared him down, which resulted in him sinking deeper into the water.