T W O

"Remember, kid; there are heroes, and there are legends

and there are legends. Heroes get
remembered but, legends never
die. Follow your heart, kid, and you'll
never go wrong
-Sandlot

* * *

Sawyer and her teammates walked to their locker room blabbing about the first day and how they thought practice might go. They all changed quickly and rushed to the field. Sawyer dropped her bag on the bench and pulled out her helmet, slipping it on.

"Eden! You on goal today suit up!" Coach Finstock pointed to her before going to yell at someone else. Sawyer smiled before heading to the goal swiping the goal stick and stepping into the position. She played goal most of the practice. It was her best position, and she enjoyed it. She got most of the balls that flew toward her.

As their practice went on, the hockey team finished up, and the ducks walked out of the rink. Charlie was talking to Jesse before he heard Sawyer yelling.

"I don't know about this new coach, he seems—," Charlie trailed off as he heard her voice and looked over at the field. "You good man?" Jesse snapped his fingers in front of his face and looked in the direction Charlie was.

"Come on, Rodgers, you can do better than that. Tex ball handling gotten better, I see." Sawyer teased and complimented her teammates as they went through the plays.

Charlie walks towards the field, his friend following behind him before stopping and watching the team practice.

"Ha! Told you it was a girl." Averman laughs as he watches Charlie look awestruck and Sawyer in the goal.

"Yeah yeah, but who is she?" Fulton crosses his arm, glaring at the people in front of him.

"Sawyer Eden, she is in our grade. I share pre-ap English with her. She the little sister to Max and Justin Eden, two of the varsity hockey players." Julie rattled off as she looked at her friends as they gave her a questioning look. "What she is a pretty big deal around the school." Julie shrugs, turning back to the field.

Sawyer gets relieved at goalie to get some field practice. After awhile practice ends and they all pack up there things. As she walks towards the rink the group of people catch her eyes.

"Hey Julie!" Sawyer beams a smile at Julie walking over towards her giving her a quick hug. She feels eyes on her and turns towards them and waves.

"Hiya! I'm Sawyer." She smiles rearranging her bag on her shoulder. To shake the hands of the people in front of her.

Charlie seems to be in a trance looking at the brunette girl in front of him. He shakes his head before grinning wildly.

"Didn't know you were a jock?" Charlie gasped at the girl in front of him decked out in gear.

"Didn't know you were stupid." Sawyer bit back with a playful smirks as a blush blooms across her cheeks. She looks towards the group, "so y'all are the mighty ducks right? the ones who played in the junior will games?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow.

The group all nodded, "Yeah, you know hockey?" Fulton asked confused. Sawyer laughs shifting her duffel bag. "Well my whole family are hockey lovers I am to but I like lacrosse better. So yeah I'd say I know hockey pretty well." She smiles at them.

Sawyer looks at her watch and swears, "damn I gotta run before I miss my brothers or my ride really. Believe me it's happened before." She waves good by at them before running off towards the parking lot.

"Bye Sawyer!" Charlie yells waving as the rest of the group laughs at him. "Charlie's got it bad!" Averman says in between laughter.

Charlie punches him in the shoulder before they all head their separate ways. Sawyer makes in to there car just before they leave. She huffs as she puts her stuff in the trunk and hopes in buckling up.

Max turns to her and smiles, "how was your day Ace?" As he starts the car pulling out of the school onto the road to their house.

"It's was good I think high school is gonna be alright." Sawyer smiled at Max before looking out the window at the scenery.

Justin chuckles at her before he slips his headphones on and get comfortable in the passenger seat.

Things were going alright for the Eden siblings but they were not ready for the crazy ride about to happen between two hockey teams and their youngest sister getting her first crush.

Author speaks
Not edited
Sorry for not updating :)