Chapter Four: Doubtful Disguise.

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry... really, I am... I was just-"

"You also need to stop dwelling on your past, your future is now, and you have time to change it."

Pastry immediately quieted down, as his words had stabbed through her heart, that familiar tone in which he had struck not a nerve, but a hint of realization that what her flashback could've been, may have been her dug up past. Pastry never really did remember her past, after all, the only memories that Pastry was "required," to remember, was her submission to the church, and what her main missions and goals were.

Yet that dream, that flashback, felt so real, she could almost guarantee it was real, but how could Adventurer Cookie know about what she was dreaming about? Why did he say past instead of dream?

Before Pastry could ask him those questions, the door creaked widely as Strawberry Cookie and Blackberry had awaited the two cookies.

"Ms. Pastry!" Strawberry Cookie ran towards Pastry and jumped onto the bed and immediately embraced her mother with a hug.

Pastry hugged her daughter tightly as a little smile formed onto Pastry's face. Despite Pastry's struggles, having such a caring daughter that smiles everytime she sees Pastry, despite Pastry having so much on her plate.

Her daughter, being the sweet angel she was, helped the tainted saint who had committed so much sinnery, to discover that maybe she was a good cookie after all.

As happy as Pastry was to feel her daughter's embrace, and Adventurer feeling proud for what he did, Blackberry couldn't help but feel the seething rage glisten within her, start to grow rapidly. She wasn't mad at Pastry at all, but rather what Pastry had become.

Pastry was always looked upon as a highly independent cookie, who would never care or bat another eye to anyone who tried to detain her like a bird in a cage, yet Pastry doing this to herself was more than enough for Blackberry to snap. The once independent cookie was now slowly turning into weak pieces of crumbs as Pastry continued to harm herself, practically knowing what she was doing, and knowing it was wrong.

Blackberry thought to herself, maybe it was time to push her in the more harsher direction of truth.

"Pastry, do you not have any shame for what you are doing to yourself?" Blackberry said, silencing everyone's laughter as Pastry looked at Blackberry, slightly adjusting her sitting position.

"What do you mean?"

"The way that you are acting, the way that you are harming yourself, do you think I enjoy standing by, watching you deteriorate your health, and now mental health? Have you no shame for what you are doing to yourself?!" Blackberry yelled as Pastry covered Strawberry Cookie's ears so that way she won't be able to hear.

"Blackberry... Please... I understand what you are trying to say, but please, please, not in front of my daughter-"

"Why?! I wouldn't want her to end up as pathetic, low life, and careless as someone like you!"

Pastry's eyes widened at Blackberry's words, at first, Blackberry recognized the validity of her words, not until it was to late, as Pastry's widened eye self calmed, as she held her daughter tightly and removed her hands from her ears, as Strawberry looked up at her slightly angered mother confused.

"Assist yourselves to the door, I need to get ready."

Pastry's once distressed voice, was now filled with sorrow yet monotone, so calm, yet menacing. Pastry didn't mind being insulted for how she acted, but bringing her daughter and comparing her to the mother who could barely afford rent, was expecting to get help?