𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 25

𝖞𝖔𝖚'𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖏𝖌 𝖈𝖑𝖚𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘

𝕵𝖆𝖝 𝖌𝖆𝖟𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖙 blazing sea of green. Every so often a new flash of colors spurring through his sight. A letter rested firmly in his hands. He never minded being the Zyanya's personal mail delivery service. No matter how many times Phoebe insisted on dressing him up, he still adored her and he always had a special bond with Phoenix. Perhaps it was because of how they thrown at each other at a young age. 

Either way he felt he owed them for this. The Zyanya's had brought him in as one of their own and never treated anything less. He was utterly and unfathomable grateful for his family. A golden glint flickered in his view and he grinned. 

Cair Paravel was just beyond the horizon, but the most difficult task would be finding Phoenix. Any time he needed the girl, she was off in some far corner of the castle or reading in some very odd place, or with Edmund and he was not going to be the one to barge in and witness anything horrid. He was no idiot to their circumstance and she told him everything. 

Luckily for him, even during the winter, Phoenix's frame was seen sitting in the swing that was placed on the beach not to long ago. He had remembered asking Phoenix about who had it placed there, just to find out she was as clueless as him. 

Nevertheless she was swinging back and forth, deep nose in her latest novel her Mother had sent over for her birthday. Phoebe had been ecstatic to hand over the book and Arcturus passed her a gently smile to balance out the excitement bouncing in the room. 

 The dragon landed gracefully down in the sand and coughed. Phoenix turned in her swing and smiled brightly at her tiny friend in front of her. Her eyes flickered to the letter in his grip and she shot up. Gently she placed the book on the swing and bounded for the dragon. Her cloak flowing behind her. 

"Is it from Phoebe?" The dragon nodded and passed over the letter. She plopped down where she stood. Her cloak and trousers now covered in the white sand of the beach. Phoenix's eyes scanned the dried liquid on the page as Jax listened to the gently crashing of the waves against the sand. 

Phoenix snorted and doubled over in laughter. "What did she say?" The dragon asked. 

"Well you see, she met this boy in town. Apparently he's the one that has been the source of the thieving over the years and now she thinks she's fallen for him. But I don't know why she's asking me about it." She added a short little chuckle after hoping her best friend would join in. 

"You're still acting clueless, aren't you?" Jax asked, giving her a very pointed look. Phoenix narrowed her eyes at him. 

"What are you going on about?" Her accent coming out thickly. Jax shook his head. 

"You need to figure this out on your own, I've told you all I can." With that he flew away. Phoenix picked up a handful of sand and chucked it at the retreating figure. 

"Don't have to be so bloody cryptic all the time!" Now she was left with only her thoughts her mind kept racing to what Jax said. She tried to block all feelings out of her marriage. Feelings brought complications and feelings brought heartache. She watched as her Mother fell apart after her Father's death and she would not let that happen to her. 

꧁꧂

Bellatrix was once more back at the cottage. She pushed open the door and found Catherine by the stove focusing on yet another brew of herbal tea. She flicked off her hood and made her presence know. 

"I know you're here, no need for that." Bellatrix rolled her eyes at the foul mood of the white haired woman. 

"Still bitter I see." She commented, gracefully easing over to the small dining room table. The whole cabin was about the size of the entirety of her room, but it gave a a very quaint feeling. 

"Insulting me isn't willing me to help you." Bellatrix sighed. Her graceful and stuck up attitude crumbling at the seams. If she wanted answers she would have to put her bitterness to the side and for once, try and be kind to the woman who she wished she had forgotten a long time ago. 

"Fine, I just came to ask you if you've found anything." The white haired woman turned with a solemn look. Her inner angels and demons battling over the truth. 

Bellatrix incoherently sighed. She knew that look. She didn't need Catherine to tell her what was wrong, she knew just by the slight glimmer of her eyes. Perhaps she knew even before seeking out her long forgotten friend. 

"How long?" She hadn't recognized her voice. The shakiness of it had never before been known to glide into the ears of others. 

Catherine poured the newly made strand of tea in the cup. The water whipping different ways as she tried to calm the spasms in her left hand. She gulped down the hot tea, the liquid burning her tongue and throat as it slipped down her esophagus. Slamming the cup down she mustered up enough courage to speak. "A couple months, give or take a few. It almost impossible to find a clear date." 

Bellatrix's gaped and almost fell into the chair behind her. Her hands going up to her hold her head up on her shoulders. She was spiraling and the wooden chair under her was keeping her grounded. How was she going to tell her children she was dying? How would her daughters handle it? Would Phoenix shut everyone out like she had done after her Father's death? Would Phoebe have anyone to fall back on? Would Arcturus be okay after her passing? She didn't have the strength to leave her children behind yet. Her children still needed her and she still needed them. It would destroy all of them. 

Catherine placed her hand on her arm. A raspy "I'm sorry," escaping her lips. 

꧁꧂

𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖘 - 1049

a/n - sorry i didn't post last weekend
i was extremely busy

the next few chapters are going to be pretty lengthy
but the "fun stuff" is about to begin....