Stephanie

The next bar was louder than the pub we just left. There was a dance floor, with a strobe light, that was bustling with people from all walks of life. There was a middle aged woman breaking out some serious moves; her hair was almost an Afro on top of a leopard printed dress.

"Yes, girl!" I laughed at the drunken dancing. She turned and waved to me, and I could only guess that she was attempting to ripple her body. I giggled as we wandered towards the bar.

"What are you drinking then?" Colton asked. I wasn't entirely sure what to think of Colton; he seemed nice enough, but they always seem nice enough.

"Bacardi and coke would be nice." I smiled.

"Coming right up, ma'am." He teased, bowing down to me and pretending to take off a hat. I giggled and slapped him playfully; partly induced by the alcohol that was swishing around inside me.

We sat at the bar whilst I sipped at my drink, and Colton drank straight vodka. That made me a little skeptical; who can trust a man who drinks vodka without a mixer?

"What are you studying?" He shouted over the music.

"Psychology with international relations."

"Strange mix," he frowned.

"Kind of, they go together more than you'd think though."

"So can you tell what I'm thinking right now." He grinned playfully.

"If I had a penny for every time someone's asked me that." I rolled my eyes.

"You'd have a penny?" He laughed, and I kicked him gently under the bar.

And then, I don't know whether it was Colton's influence, or my high alcohol intake, but I asked him this:
"Do you want to dance?" Which is completely not like me. I don't dance. Well I do dance, but not gracefully. I'd liken myself to an excited walrus, put it that way.

"Really?" He raised his eyebrows, widening his light green eyes; I hadn't noticed them before, they were almost grey, but not quite.

"Why, you scared?" I laughed. He stood and put his fists on his hips and pushed his chest out, as if he were the alpha male, showing his authority.

"Of course not," he said in a gruff voice. I laughed and took his hand.

The dance floor was busy with students. Maddison was in the corner, dancing with some guy who I vaguely recognised. I wasn't sure where Connie or the other girls were. I spotted a clock on the far wall. 32 minutes past 2. Damn, there's no second hand. I felt my neck and cheeks grow hot. I watched the minute hand closely for when it ticked round to the next minute. There. One two three four, one two three four.

"Are you alright?" Colton frowned.

"Yeah, fine." I smiled. "Just didn't realise it was so late."

He nodded, grabbed my hips and started swaying to the music; I sang along to some remix of kesha's 'timber'. His hair bounced as he danced, and his fringe flopped round to the front of his face, covering his forehead and parts of his eyes. He ran his fingers through it to try and push it back, but it just fell back round again.

"Need to get some better gel." He shouted over the music in my ear. I giggled and nodded to him. "You look very beautiful tonight." He said. I wasn't sure how to react, I'm not used to compliments. I just shook my head. "You are!" He smiled. And then started to lean in. This is it. He tilted his head to the right slightly and pressed his lips against mine, soft and gently. He pulled away and brushed a piece of hair from my face, making me feel like I was in a movie. His eyes settled on mine and stayed there, somehow making me feel uncomfortable yet safe at the same time.