4

I felt a strong vibration by my side—it was the X-comm. "Hello?"

"Hey! You ready!" Xavier whispers and yells in excitement.

"No, but yolo as they say."

"Great, I'm outside your place so hurry." He hangs up. I cut on y-bot, and put it on the floor with a small thud. It beeps, but I hush it, it understands and beeps quietly as we meet Xavier outside. Neither of us daring to make any sounds, we make our way to the school camera room.

"This is where we split up." He whispers, handing me bluetooth headphones. "They are already synced, just put them on and answer the call when I'm done." I nod as he uses his X-comm to hack the scanner into the room.

After what felt like forever, I felt the vibrations in my pocket answering it quicker, this time, still whispering as Xavier began talking. "Um so good news and bad news but keep walking to the ship yard." With a sigh, me and y-bot make our way around the school. "What's the bad news?"

"Bad news is you have 15 minutes to get to the ship yard before it contacts all of JCJenson company of an unregistered shut down. Good news is we prepared everything before hand."

"Well get out of that office!" I say moving faster down the stairs.

"No way, I'm the look out. Don't forget, we are in this together!"

Hesitantly, I make a sound of agreement as I pass a sleeping guard. At the end of the hallway was the shipyard door. I try to use my key card to get in, but it blinks red before beeping.

"Uhh Xavier? It won't open, do you think you can try on your end?"

"If I make another unregistered opening it'll cut your time in half, you'll have 6 minutes left." He replied concerned.

"Well if all the ships are unlocked it shouldn't be a problem, I'll just grab a suit and put it on as I take off." He didn't reply as the door opened.

I head inside quickly putting a suit on before heading to the first ship I see. It was locked? "Uh Xavier, you sure you unlocked these?"

"Huh, of course, I know I did-"

"Y/n?" I practically jumped out of my skin, turning around to face whoever called me.

"N! What are you doing here?"

"Well I just came back from drinking some oil before me, V, and J head back out to the exoplanet copper 9. What are you doing here and what's with the space suit?"

"Oh um! Just...making sure the ships were locked! Y'know, wouldn't want anyone running away with good ships haha..and these are uh...pajamas?"

"Ohhh, how responsible of you Y/n! And the pajamas are very cute- Oo! Did you want to say hi to-"

"No!" I yell startling him a bit as he looks confused. "I mean...no way I could hold you guys up! You should get going haha." Without letting him respond, I push him out of the ship yard— he shrugs but leaves thankfully.

"Nice one." Xavier mocks.

"Shut up!"

I try all the ships but they were locked, leaving me with the pod. "It isnt starting?!?" Y-bot hops in pressing buttons but it still doesn't work, it then connects to the system before trying to hack it but it was clearly going to take a minute.

"What do you-"

"Whoever is in the pod come out with your hands out now!" A feminine voice yells out. I slowly took the headphones out of my ear, throwing them in the back of the pod not wanting to get Xavier caught too.

"We know your in there! Come out now or we'll blow the whole pod!" Fearing for my life, I jumped out of the pod. "Y/n...?"

"Mom?" All the guards have their weapons pointed at me, and she doesn't tell them to lower them.
"What are you doing in that pod? You know taking pods without orders is an act of betrayal!"

"I-" A voice comes from her watch.

"We have confirmed our suspicions Elise, now take her in for trial." She hesitantly points her weapon at me.

"Y/n. Get down on the floor and don't move, if your proven innocent nothing bad will happen."

"You're...aiming your weapon at me.." I say lowly, as tears well in my eyes.

"Y/n!-"

"Don't you realize! This isn't what I want! Murdering beings that we see as useless because they want to live?!? I know you see it mom!" She takes a deep breath, then exhales as she glares at me.

"You have till I get to 5 or I have no choice but to shoot." Out of the corner of my eye, I see y-bot has 5 seconds until it force starts  the pod again.

"So you'd rather kill your own daughter for work than embrace your feelings. I understand. You never cared."

"5"
"4"
"3"
"2"
Before she hit one, someone slammed the door open, tackling Elise.

"Grandma?!?"

"Run Y/n!" She throws me a helmet— everything happened so fast. Guards tackling grandma, guards trying to get to me and the pod starting up.

I shut the pod door slamming on the only destination option as I put my helmet on. Exoplanet copper 9.
_________________________________
898 words

Be sure to Vote and Comment <33