Chapter 17: Back to Hell

It had been a week since Kitsune was forced to return to her family home. She was sitting in her room, watching the sunset. She was wondering if Chris was doing the same thing back at the mansion. With a sigh, she rested her head against the window. To say she missed everyone back in Auburnsville was an understatement.

"KITSUNE!!" Her mom's voice made her jolt, letting out a faint gasp.

With another sigh, she stood up. "Coming...!" She called, gripping onto the heart locket that Chris had given her. She had figured that he probably slipped it into her pocket when they were hugging at the train station.

She walked out of her room and down the stairs, not at all excited to hearing what her mother wanted. If history repeats itself, then it'd probably be something about a task Kitsune had to do that wasn't done perfectly.  She would know. Aside from dinner, that is the ONLY thing her mother would call her for.

"I'm here. What'd you need?" She asked, upon meeting her mother in the dining room. As per usual, the older woman had a scowl. Kitsune internally sighed, fully prepared for what was coming. 'Oh boy, here we go again...' She thought. 

And just as she had expected, her mom had started criticizing everything Kitsune had done. From everything about her career, to how she 'could've done so much better', to how her father would've been so disappointed if he was still here... Truth be told, the last one hurt to hear, but she didn't let her mom know that.

After the "lecture" Kitsune went back up to her room, trying to keep any sadness or anger hidden. If she didn't, there'd be definite consequences. Shutting the bedroom door behind her, she sighed loudly. "I don't know how much longer I can tolerate this..." She muttered, leaning against the door.

Huffing a little, she sat on her bed and picked up her phone. "Maybe I don't have to..." She remarked, opening up her contacts and dialing a friend she KNEW she could count on. With a small smile, she held the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" She heard a somewhat high voice say.

"Hey, Tess. Mind helping me with something?" Kitsune asked.

"Oh, hey Kit! Yeah, sure! What is it?" The girl on the other side of the line answered.

"So, you know how you've been asking me about when I plan on leaving my mom? I... actually want to do that... Tonight." Kitsune explained. It was silent for a moment before Tessa excitedly squeaked.

"OH MY GOD, YOU'RE MOVING OUT OF THERE?! ABOUT TIME!!" She squealed, making Kitsune jump.

"Heh, yep. I just need you to pick me up, and drop me off at a bus station. Tonight, alright?" The red haired girl explained.

"You got it! Where do you plan on moving to, anyways?" Tessa asked.

"Oh, just a little town called Auburnsville. It'd absolutely beautiful there, and... I even have a house in mind." Kitsune responded.

"Oooo! You'll have to tell me the directions when you get moved in so I can visit you!" Tessa chirped, Kitsune giggling in response.

"Don't worry, you'll be the first to know. And... Probably the only one here to know." She stated.

"Alrighty! What time do you want me to pick you up?" Tessa asked, Kitsune humming in thought.

"Is nine o'clock ok for you?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah, sure!" Tessa responded.

"Great- see you tonight, Tess! Thank you!" Kitsune said, smiling widely in excitement.

"Bye byeee!" Tessa chirped, before hanging up. Humming to herself, Kitsune began putting what few belongings she had in various suitcases. She had four stuffed suitcases by the time she was done.

Now, all she had to do was wait.

(Quick edit here- Tessa belongs to my good friend TessaThePeanut. Hope you've enjoyed the story thus far!)