5

I continued my walk. I hoped to start recognizing the trees from last night but I couldn't. Every tree looked the same as the last. The sun was starting to set and my first day was coming to an end.

"You might want to slow down there, sweetheart." A boys smug voice said from a tree above me.

"Why would I do that?" I questioned, still trudging through the plants.

"Don't want to tire yourself." He said. "Not for what I have ahead."

"I can be tired when I find your camp and keep my brother safe. Until then I'm going to keep moving." I said, still walking.

Suddenly his voice moved in front of me. His smug little face was 3 feet away.

"Interesting choice you made earlier." He said as I pushed past him, "No one has made that decision in over 100 years."

"Well then I guess I'm different then them." I muttered.

"That's one way to put it." He said popping in front of me again, it was starting to be more and more annoying. "Don't you want to take a break?" I hadn't realized but I had been heavy breathing during the trek uphill.

"Not until I get there." I said. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you don't want me to make it to your camp." I said, taking this time talking to him to cut a strip from my pajamas, then put my hair in a braid.

"Why would I do that?" He asked, his eyes flashing something I couldn't understand. "You were the one that said you wanted to be treated just like the other lost boys. Besides how else will I learn your name."

"I'm a girl." I said finishing my hair. I pushed past him again getting to the top of my trek. "And I'm sure you already know it."

"I have never lied to you. You just need to trust me." He said from behind me.

"Why are you even here?" If he was of no use to me right now there was no point, he was wasting my time. "All you're doing is keeping me from finishing this test." I turned around and waited for his answer. While I kept walking backwards.

"Wait!" He yelled, just as I slipt.

I tumbled back and landed on my back. Then when I tried to turn over I started to tumbling down the hill. At first I was scared but then I started laughing. I wanted to live in this little moment of enjoyment. When I finished I felt my body's aches from my walking and falling.

Peter was above me when I looked up. I stood up quick.

"The girl can have fun." He smiled. "2/3 tests done, dearie."

"That was a test?" I asked, puzzled.

"The whole point of Neverland is for the lost boys to play and do whatever they want." He said, "All that's left is make it to our camp."

"Let me get back to that." I said, my confidence renewed.

"I'll see you in a day." He smirked. I hoped this gave him confidence in me.

"Less." I gave the last word before leaving hime behind, compass in hand. I will make it to his camp.