"About time," he says airily, waving us in through the door with a sigh. "I've been waiting for you girls forever."

Kitty's standing slightly in front of me, and when I step out from behind her, Alastaire's bright blue eyes widen for the briefest of moments. He does a quick double-take, blinking dumbly at me.

"Cupcake..." he murmurs. "You look extra tasty tonight. Did I just say that out loud? Hmmm."

"Keep your dirty paws off her, perv," Kitty says in a too-cheerful voice. "Or I'll knee you in the crown jewels on the dance floor later. Anyway, that's not what you're wearing tonight, right?"

She looks him up and down with disapproval.

"To that silly club?" Alastaire says nonchalantly. "It's probably not worth getting dressed up for, Kit. Trust me. It's going to be a let down."

"Oh my god," Kitty sighs, rolling her eyes in exasperation. "Are you STILL salty about Felix getting a VIP invite? I'm sorry yours got lost in the mail, but tonight's not about you. It's about me and 'Cupcake' having some fun."

"Leave my Cup-Cup alone," Alastaire says playfully, sticking his tongue out at Kitty as he links an arm through mine. "Anyway, come inside, Cups. Welcome to Witchwood Manor, the humble abode of People Magazine's Hottest Man Alive three years running, plus four other idiots not worth mentioning."

We're standing in a large living area, a perfect blend of modern elements with the charm and elegance of classical architecture. The central focal point of the sleek interior design is a glass and steel spiral staircase that connects the main living space and the floor above - the boys' bedrooms, I'm guessing.

There are three dove grey sofas arranged around a wide-screen TV, where Lyall and Ben are sprawled out watching an anime, and a separate dining area, plus an open-plan kitchen.

The colour scheme is entirely shades of whites and greys - creamy vanilla, bone, ivory, and cold hues of steel and charcoal. It's a far cry from the cosy pine wood interior and boho-inspired bright jewel colours of the cabin I shared with the boys - and a hundred times bigger, too.

"It's huge," I murmur, more to myself than anything.

"Huge?" Alastaire asks, aghast. "You must be joking. You could fit the entire square footage of this hovel into the Great Hall at Kensy three times over."

He sighs wearily, worn down by the daily struggle and humiliation of living in this multi million pound luxury penthouse apartment in one of the poshest areas of London.

"What's Kensy?" I ask, wondering if I'm already meant to know.

"Oh, that's my name for Kensington Hall," he explains. "My family seat."

"His ancestral home," Kitty clarifies. "One of England's grandest stately homes, actually. Although, as I recall, it's not the very grandest of them all... remind me Alastaire, was it Kensington Hall or Lockhart Manor which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site earlier this year?"

"Who cares about UNESCO," Alastaire says with an eye roll. "Besides, I'm far more interested in whatever's going on in that show of Benji and Lyall's. Good lord!"

The three of us traverse the massive living room until we're standing behind one of the grey sofas, just a few feet from the giant TV screen.

"Hey Ash!" Ben and Lyall chime in unison.

"SHHHHH!" Alastaire shushes them impatiently. "I'm trying to listen."

He's staring at the TV screen with a rapt expression, and I understand why the moment I recognise the anime they're watching.