chapter 1

Bellamy pov

They had just reached Camp Jaha, tired, hungry, and so thankful to be alive. Bellamy stood at the gate waiting for Clarke. They had hardly spoken on the 8 plus hour hike home from Mt Weather. They had their wounded to carry as well as supplies they had taken from Mt Weather. As he looked over his shoulder he noticed her hugging Monty, he waited a minute then walked over to her slowly.

"I think we deserve a drink."

"Have one for me" she replied, not looking at him.

He looked at her sharply. When he saw the pain and resolve in her eyes he felt his heart sink.

"I'm not coming inside", she answered the question in his eyes.

"We can get through this together. You don't have to do this alone." He said, his eyes searching hers for any sign he could talk her out of leaving.

If he were to be completely honest with himself he just couldn't bear the thought of her leaving, not after what he went through at Mt. Weather. At one point he thought he was going to be killed and he would never see her again. Then, when he had first spotted her in the tunnels at Mt Weather he couldn't take his eyes off of her even though Octavia was hugging the breath out of him.

He had seen the look in her eyes and the almost imperceptible sigh of relief she had given at the mere sight of him. All of these thoughts swirled quickly through his mind as he grasped at straws to make her stay.

"If you need forgiveness... I will give you that. You're forgiven ok?", he said throwing her own words back at her.

Her eyes faltered for a moment. "Seeing them everyday will just remind me of what I did to get them here!" , she replied trying not to look in the direction of Mount Weather to see the black smoke rising from the embers of the funeral pyres they had burned before leaving the mountain.

"What we did Clarke. You don't have to go thru this alone. I pulled that lever too!"
She looked at him then, seeing both the fear and pleading in his eyes," Where are you even going to go?"

She fought back tears and her shoulders sagged, "I don't know." She replied as she grabbed him and kissed his cheek.

He hugged her back, "At least come in for tonight. Eat something, sleep on it." He stated logically, "You don't have to leave this minute. You don't have any ammo either..." he trailed off as she pulled away.

She looked at the sky, it would be dark soon maybe she should stay tonight . He saw her resolve waiver and grabbed her hand. "Please come in for now and we can talk about this, just don't leave now. Please Clarke. We are all exhausted." His eyes begged her with three little words that had not yet been spoken. He tugged her forward and she allowed herself to be let into the camp.

When they got inside he said, "I need to go wash and change, promise you will meet me by the fire?" He said, afraid to let go of her hand.

She nodded.
When he didn't let go of her hand, she added, "I promise Bellamy"

He searched her eyes for a moment and when he was satisfied with what he saw he gave her hand a squeeze and left for his tent.

She watched him for a moment before heading to the tent she shared with Raven and Harper, grabbing some clean clothes she headed to the bathing area.

She washed quickly, changed clothes, and decided to wash the ones she had removed, just in case. As she returned to her tent she found Bellamy already waiting with a worried look on his face.

She saw the relief on his face and it reminded her of how she had felt when she saw him in the reaper tunnels as he hugged Octavia. His eyes had locked with hers and it was all she could do to not run to him, push Octavia aside and hold on for dear life.

He grabbed her hand pulling her from her thoughts, "Let's get something to eat."

~~~~~~~

A/N

I am planning to make this a short fanfic of a few chapters, let me know what you think! ;)