And it's possible that more than half of the 0.1% who don't believe in God are wizards.

Of the 0.1% that aren't wizards will most likely be extraordinary characters such as Cass Lloyd.

"The Saintess is right, but if a wizard is suspected of being the culprit, it would be better to ask them to catch the culprit themselves."

Only a meager of forty wizards with the ability to use magic remained. And it served as a basis for arresting a wizard who committed a crime in the same way as you would find fingertips left in the crime scene.

But even forty people couldn't possibly have left something like the destruction the gods had made.

"Despite their mistrust, the wizards would not want to go against the temple."

The status of the empire's temple was almost equal to that of the imperial family, and the wizards knew how badly their reputation as wizards in this country would suffer if it was revealed that they had done this to the temple.

They would most likely be eager to search for and find the culprit among those forty people.

Reyhas was trying to take advantage of this social situation.

"What will you do if the culprit is apprehended?"

His fine brows slightly frowned at my question with a look as if he didn't understand my intention.

I went on,

"Whatever happens, once we reveal the culprit in public, everyone in the empire will know that a wizard destroyed the temple's annex. The temple's status will suffer as a result."

Reyhas' golden pupils were slightly trembling.

"Wouldn't a wizard entering and destroying the annex jeopardize the temple's security or even the piety of the empire's people?"

My purpose was to cover this up quietly.

And putting a hidden villain like Diego Vester in the temple was unnecessary.

"You've changed a lot."

After a while, Reyhas, who had been silent, opened his mouth. His golden eyes glowed dimly.

I was looking at him with a calm expression, but I flinched inwardly at his words.

I've learned from my few encounters with Reyhas that he's a dangerous man.

And I had a strong gut feeling that if I lost the fight, my story would not end well.

"I was simply preoccupied with the temple's prestige. Aren't wizards busybodies? So there's no need for them to enter the temple."

I can keep up with the attitude of being more mature than before.

At my words, the corners of his mouth twisted slightly.

After a while, he opened his mouth and stared at me,

"You have a point. We'll cover the priests' mouths and secretly pursue the culprit through the holy knights."

I nodded without making eye contact.

"Thank you for considering my opinion, Sir Reyhas."

After that, I turned around and said,

"I'm exhausted from witnessing such a shocking scene in the morning. So I need to rest a little more right now."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

1,660 francs.

I seriously agonized over the money I had.

'Should I run...?'

Everything was going in a direction I hadn't thought of.

Since the temple's annex containing the Holy Sphere had collapsed, there was no need to measure my divine power for the time being, but even if Reyhas' interrogation can be avoided, Kyle would surely come tonight.

After much deliberation, I heard a knock.

"Saintess, it's me."

Daisy, who opened the door and came in, handed me an envelope.

"A letter came from the palace."

"A letter?"

I frowned as I removed the seal from the envelope and pulled out the paper.

The luxurious, thick paper was adorned with the pattern of the imperial family.

[Due to unexpected circumstances, I doubt I'll be able to drop by for a while. When I have time, I'll pay you a visit.

-Kyle Alexis]

I can't believe he needlessly wrote such content on a fine piece of paper.

Kyle, you're a man of great sense.

I slid his letter into the drawer casually.

'Yes, let's think about running away for a day or two.'

Urgent judgements seldom help in the long run. My heartbeat became a little more relaxed.

"And today, an imperial court official met with the High Priest."

"From the imperial court?"

The annex affairs were supposed to be kept secret so it's probably not because of that, but I wonder if it's related to Kyle's letter I received today.

But I wasn't interested in what it was.

"By the way, Daisy."

"Yes, Saintess."

I said, thinking about what lay ahead of me,

"The temple must have sent a carriage to Tiago."

"Tiago?"

Daisy was very informative, so I could quickly hear what was happening in the temple through her.

But the story of the new saint who appeared in Tiago was kept top secret except for high-ranking priests, so she didn't know about it.

"Can you find out when the carriage will return to the temple?"

"Yes, I know some coachman, so I'll ask."

Daisy returned to the room after a long time, having left to do what I had asked.

"The carriage left about ten days ago, and given the length of their stay, it will take approximately fifteen days."

Ten days ago.

About a week before Reyhas told me about the girl from Tiago, it was already decided to bring her in.

I had a strange feeling.

I was perplexed as to why he was so interested in my divine powers when he had already decided to bring in the new saint.

All will be easy when she comes and they measure her divine power.