Chapter 19

"So for your first video," Ricky explained to me as we loaded our dishes into the dishwasher, "you don't want to do anything embarrassing or cringe-worthy. Since you have an experienced YouTuber, I can teach you what to avoid."

"Doesn't sound too hard. I'm excited!" I smiled. "But what's this perfect idea you had?"

"Well, it depends on what type of videos you want to make." He said as we walked into my backyard.

"I was thinking I'd make some singing videos, and then some like vlogger style videos." 

"Perfect! Just what I wanted." he said mischievously.

"But, I think I want to wait awhile. I want to get settled into being in California before I jump into this." I said as I plopped down on the grass. 

"Oh of course. It can be an invasion of privacy, and I want you to make sure you're ready to be all on the internet. Even though we've made a couple videos. But those are completely different situations." he chuckled. He laid down next to me, putting his hands underneath his head 

"Yeah, it is. I'll just wait awhile."I sighed, rolling over to face him.

We laid in the grass for awhile, looking at the clouds. It was nice to just enjoy nature and each other's company. I was so glad that this thing we had was finally official. A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

"Hey," Ricky whispered into my ear. "I have to get going home because I have a meeting in a half-hour. Want to get together later tonight?"

"Yeah sure." I nodded. 

He smiled and kissed my cheek. "I'll text you after my meeting. Bye Grace."

I sat up as he walked back into my house. I looked around my back yard, taking it all in. There was a fire pit in the back corner and a picnic table towards the house. It was small, but nice. I should throw a party here some time. 

My thoughts were interrupted by very loud music playing. It was heavy metal, which I didn't have a problem with, but it was disturbing my peace. And most likely the whole neighborhood's peace. 

I headed over to my fence and peeked my head over the top. Justin and Mark were working out in their back yard. As I looked around, I made eye contact with Mark.

"Enjoying the view?" he yelled jokingly over the music. Justin looked right at me and winked. I rolled my eyes. 

"I was just trying to figure out where the music was coming from. Can you turn it down?" I yelled back.

"Come on, babe. Let us live a little." he yelled back as he did a sit up. 

Justin went over to the speakers and turned the volume down.

"Did you just call her babe?" he asked Mark.

"Yeah, you gotta problem with that?" Mark responded as he continued his sit ups. Justin grasped Mark's head, forcing him to stop moving. 

"That's my fucking ex-girlfriend you piece of shit." Justin said harshly. He pushed Mark's head, knocking him face first into the ground. 

I shrunk back down behind the fence in hopes of a clean getaway. I quickly hustled over to the back door of my house. Just as I was about to open it, I heard Justin call to me over my fence. I groaned and turned around.

"What do you want Justin?" I asked roughly. 

"I just wanted to apologize for Mark." he said, smiling sincerely at me. 

"I know Mark already, so it's fine." I sighed. "I gotta go."

"Wait, before you go, I wanted to know if you wanted to go for lunch today, as friends." he smirked at me. 

"I'm sorry Justin. As we established earlier, I have a boyfriend. I know you. You obviously don't want to go as just friends." I said before walking inside and closing the door. 

I felt bad about turning him down, but I knew that he would try something. He was a pig, and I didn't need him in my life. I would just have to find a way to make living next to him tolerable. I didn't know how I would do it though. 

I headed into the kitchen to finish cleaning up the pancake batter when I got I got a call from Ricky. 

"Hey Ricky, aren't you supposed to be at your meeting?" I said when I answered it. 

"Grace, we have a problem." Ricky sighed.

"What is it?" I asked nervously. 

"KenDa. That's our problem."

(A.N. Hey! Sorry for not uploading. I have a severe case of writers block but here I am now! Yay!

This update has got KenDa like, "Surprise, bitch. I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.")