𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟖. she who dares wins.

Start from the beginning

It was beyond Aspen how Murphy was still miraculously alive, well enough to stand swaying on his feet, or how he could be able to shout with what happened to his throat, "Bring out the girl, Bellamy!" Towards the tent.

A few leaves crunch and twigs snap behind Aspen. She turns her head to see Nova and recalls the girl having been flushed with fury, strands of hair sticking to sweaty skin, and pink lips pulled back into a snarl when she accuses Bellamy of being a murderer. A few minutes have passed, but the state of her appearance had changed. Nova had calmed herself into a neutral expression and even fixed the braid in her hair. Aspen wonders what words of peace she wanted to give as if they'd calm the rampage Murphy was on.

It's too bad peace was never an option.

"You want to build a society, Princess?!" Murphy mocks Clarke's nickname. "Let's build a society - bring her out!"

A society. Aspen could laugh. Was this what they wanted their society to be? Did they have to still follow the Ark like a group of mindless, brainwashed sheep that they were destined to become? Aspen would sooner put the barrel of a gun in her mouth. Things weren't different now. She fought to make things different in space. She didn't plan on changing these views since her feet were now on the ground.

The tent ruffles and Aspen straightens. Although the voices inside were muffled, she couldn't make out any words exchanged between Bellamy, Clarke, and Finn over Charlotte. She was beyond interested to see how two of them would plan to handle it after they've only buttheads since meeting one another. Aspen didn't stand on a side for either of them. She believed in justice only.

She's still disappointed when Bellamy emerges. His face was clear, wiped of any emotion that proves where he stood on the matter. It would've been much more helpful if Aspen hadn't watched him kick the stand underneath Murphy's feet and effectively hung him. Bellamy stood on whichever side gave him power.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to join us," Murphy greets with dripping sarcasm. Aspen cringes at the sound of his voice. He still sounds like he's choking on his own blood.

Bellamy marches towards him. Aspen can practically see the cloud of gloom hung over his head even from where she stood. He darkly warns, "Dial it down and back off."

"Or what?" Murphy challenges. He bravely stares down the man who tried, and nearly succeeded, in killing him. "What are you gonna do? Hang me?"

"I was just giving the people what they wanted," Bellamy responds calmly.

Aspen doesn't hold back this time when she rolls her eyes. Bellamy could say a hundred different things to Murphy. Yet, he won't. He doesn't see anything wrong with what he did. So he stands here now, protecting the real criminal in the tent. And for what? She couldn't have been younger than twelve or older thirteen. Charlotte knows right from wrong and she had to of known killing Wells was cold.

But Aspen doesn't speak. While it's true there were no leadership positions for her on Earth, she thought it was common sense. There had to be a punishment that fit the crime. They could find one. Murder doesn't justify murder.

For the first time, Murphy seems to agree with words Aspen didn't say. A sudden confident smirk crosses his dry, stained lips. "Yeah. Yeah, that's a great idea. Why don't we do that right now?" He proposes. He turns to the watching crowd, blue eyes dancing across the heads of the delinquents. Murphy raises his arm and asks, "So, who here wants to see the real murderer hung up? All in favor?"