Part 9

“Alright alright, you win! I give up I give up!” Marcello wined beneath me and I grinned, still having him pinned to the floor.
 “Say that I’m better than you and say you’re my bitch!” I told him winking at David who was grinning at me proudly.
 “No fucking way I won’t - ouch!” He cried out when I twisted his arm just a little further.   
 “Okay you’re better than me!” He spat out.
 “And?” I asked him. “I’m your bitch.” He mumbled. “Say that again I didn’t quite hear you.”
 “I’m your bitch now let me go!” He yelled out and I got up grinning proudly.
 “And that’s my dear people is how you do it!” I told the others and high fiving David.
Suddenly I got grabbed around the waist and was picked up by Marcello.
 “Never turn your back on the enemy my dear little Mia.” Marcello said and I squeaked by surprise.
 “Let me go Mace! I won fair and square you’re just a sore loser!” I yell laughing.
Suddenly I heard Damian’s Phone ringing and when I looked at him I knew immediately that they had to go.
 “Mace put her down we’ve got business.” Damian said and immediately I was put down.
Why could nothing ever go without interruptions? I sighed and went to grab my keys.
 “Take the car I bet David won’t mind dropping me off. Just return my baby safely.” I told them and threw Damian the key.
They knew how much I hated it when they were forced to leave me even though we were doing something together.
 “I’ll see you tonight.” Damian said and I nodded.
Once they left I trained a little more with David. When we were done we got into his car.
 “You want to grab a bite to eat?” David asked me and I nodded.
 He was really nice and sweet when I was with him. I was actually kind off starting to like him but I couldn’t but compare everything about him with Keith. I really needed to get him out of my head. He was a bastard and he didn’t want me otherwise he wouldn’t have kicked me out on the streets the idiot. We drove to a little diner and went inside and choose a boot at the back.
 “So what do you want? It’s all on me, for the awesome fight you had with Marcello. I swear I’ve never seen a person, guy or girl, who learned fighting so fast. I am very proud of you.” David said grinning at me.
 “Hello my name is Jessy what can I get you?” A girl said showing up next to our table.
 “I’ll have the burgers with fries and a coke.” I told the girl but her eyes were on David the whole time.
She was too busy with trying to flirt with David that she didn’t realise I told her my order.
 “Oi Jessy stop having imaginary sex with him in your head and write down my order.” I told her, a little pissed off that she was eying him up.
She looked at me annoyed and I raised both my eyebrows, daring her to say something. But she wisely didn’t and just wrote down my order then again she turned towards David.
 “I’ll have the same.” He told her, dismissing her by looking back at me.
My eyes followed her when she walked away and when I looked at David I saw him eying me as if he was trying to figure me out.
 “What?” I asked him.
 “You’ve changed. The first time I saw you, you didn’t even speak and here you are, bitching around and challenging other people.” He told me grinning.
 “Try to hang out with Damian and the other guys. I’m just trying to survive.” I told him grinning from ear to ear.
He was right; I did change in the last few months. I wasn’t the shy girl anymore. I learned to deal with a lot of things. I was a lot more confident then when Damian found me.
 “I liked the old you, but I absolutely love the new you.” David said grinning and I winked at him.
When we were done with our dinner we made our way to the car and David drove me home. It was getting later and I decided to invite David in, I didn’t want to be alone.
 “You want to come inside? Watch a movie or something? I don’t want to be alone.” I told him.
 “Sure why not.” He told me grinning and waggling his eyebrows.
 “Stop your dirty mind you pervert.” I told him and walked inside. Grabbing some beer and some snacks I put them down onto the couch and plopped down next to David.
 “Does this mean I’m not driving anymore?” He asked me grinning.
 “As if you wouldn’t drive just because you had a beer.” I told him rolling my eyes.
 “I’m a responsible young man, I don’t do drunk driving.” He said.
 “Well there are plenty of bedrooms in here I bet you will be fine in one of them.” I told him.
He just laughed and grabbed himself a beer; leaning back he propped up his feet on the coffee table and slung his arm over the couch behind me. I decided on some psych thriller and settled back against the couch, with a beer in my hand. The movie was really gripping and I was so engrossed that I jump when the guy suddenly grabbed the girl and pulled her out of her hiding spot. David chuckled next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me against him.
I rolled my eyes but snuggled up against him, leaning my head on his shoulder. This was comfortable and it felt good to be in his arms. His hand went up and down my arm, stroking it with his index finger.
 “Mia?” He suddenly whispered and I looked up, coming face to face with him. He was just a few centimetres away from me.
 “Yes?” I asked him.
 “Why is it that you don’t have a boyfriend? You are a sweet girl and hot, you could have any guy you want.” He asked me.
I looked away and sighed, should I tell him? He has been quite nice to me and has been very supportive, never getting too close for comfort in the beginning when he started to train me. And I guess if he didn’t shut his mouth Damian would gladly get rid of him I thought sarcastically.
 “Did you ever ask yourself why I showed up that day together with Keith, big scary Keith?” I asked him.
 “Obviously I did but I’ve learned to not question stuff when it comes to Keith.” He told me grinning.
 “Damian saved me when he and his gang tried to kill the leader of a gang that tried to screw them over. I was his little play toy you could say. Whenever he felt he had to satisfy his needs I would be the one to satisfy him. Not that I was actually happy to do so. It was him who made sure I stopped talking. He liked the way I screamed so at one point I just quit talking completely. When Damian took me with them they found my mother a little while later. Turns out she sold me at 12 years old as a fuck buddy because she couldn’t pay Marc anymore, he was a dealer and apparently my dad fucked him over and my mom and I had to pay for it. When I saw her again she told me that now I could be the one to make the money, I could sell myself as a virgin and everyone would pay good money for me. I was disgusted. I left and never went back. Damian is taking care of me now. I don’t know why but somehow he thinks of me as a little sister. But fact is after everything I’ve been through I kind off didn’t want a boyfriend.” I told David and waited for his reaction.
 “You say that in past tense, meaning you don’t think the same anymore.” David said, avoiding saying anything about what I just told him.
I smiled. He knew I didn’t want him to react to what I just told him. I didn’t want any sympathy.
 “Well maybe I don’t.” I told him, looking at him.
 “Does that mean there is someone you like?” He asked me, raising an eyebrow.
 “Maybe there is.” I said grinning.
 “And who might that be?” While he was questioning me he leaned in further and his eyes switched to my lips for a second.
 “Well I can’t decide just yet.” He was mere inches away from my face and if I would lift my head his lips would have been on mine.
Was I ready for this? I did feel comfortable around him and I actually trusted him with my story. That should mean something right? And at one point I would have to get over it anyways. I couldn’t stay on my own for the rest of my life.
 “What if I just try it out? Or will you use what I taught you against me?” He looked at me closely, analysing the way I looked at him.
 “Why don’t you just try and find out.”
 “That’s a good plan.” He whispered before pressing his lips gently on mine.
It felt nice having his lips against mine and I responded carefully but firm. He pulled me against him tighter and wrapped his other arm around me. Swinging my leg over him I placed myself on top of his lap and he pulled me against his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with his hair. This was the first time that I got intimidate with someone other than Marc. And it was of my own free will. And boy did it feel good. I felt his hands play with the hem of my shirt and it felt nice.
 “Hello my darling I’m back and I…” My head whipped around and I saw Damian and Marcello standing in the door.
I was still sat on top of David and while Marcello was grinning from ear to ear, Damian looked pissed off. Oh shit. I scrambled off of David and sat down next to him, looking guilty.
 “I told her to drop her off not fucking make out with her on her couch.” Damian growled and David jumped up.
 “Mate I’m sorry I didn’t want to overstep any boundaries. I didn’t push her or anything. I swear.” David said and raised his hands in surrender.
 “I think you should leave.” Damian told him and David send me look and disappeared out the door.
 “Mace you should probably leave too.” I told Mace.
I was really worked up about the fact that Damian basically forbids me to make my own decisions. I couldn’t talk to Damian while Mace was still here because I wasn’t allowed to disrespect Damian. He made it clear that he wouldn’t mind putting me in my place if he had to.
 “Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow or something.” Mace told me, looking at me as if he was trying to tell me to be careful.
When he disappeared I turned around and opened my mouth to say something but Damian beat me to it.
 “What the fuck were you thinking making out with him?” Damian asked me, pissed off.
 “I’m a grown woman I can do whatever the fuck I want!” I told him.
 “After all that you’ve been through you shouldn’t do something like that! He is not good for you!” He yelled at me.
 “I think I can very well decide that for myself!” I told him.
 “If it wasn’t for me you would still be in that shithole getting abused by that fucking bastard! And if it wasn’t for me then you wouldn’t have your own place, a car and fucking food in your stomach! You would still be the pathetic little girl that couldn’t even speak when I found her! So I think I do have a say in what you do. If you don’t want me to keep you safe maybe you should just go to your so called mother and take her up on her offer.” He yelled and it was like a slap to the face.
Tears sprang to my eyes and I nodded, not saying anything I walked into my room, grabbing my phone and calling up Marcello.
 “Can you come back and pick me up please?” I asked him when he picked the phone up.
 “Sure” I didn’t even need to explain anything to him.
I didn’t grab anything of the stuff in my room, just walked back outside, threw the phone on the couch next to Damian and pulled the new bought collars off of Salvatore and Rocky.
 “I’ll send you the clothes I’m wearing once I changed into clothes I bought with my own fucking money.” I told him throwing the collars at him.
 “Mia come on…” He started but I cut him off. “Don’t even bother and keep your fucking car keys.” I told him and walked outside.
Marcello was outside and I let Rocky and Salvatore into the back of the car and then jumped into the passenger seat.
 “Can I stay with you?”  I asked him.
He didn’t respond at first. “I can ask David too.” I said, wanting to open the door but he held my arm.
 “Of course you can stay with me don’t be silly.” He told me and started driving.
When we arrived at his home I flopped down on the couch and Salvatore and Rocky sat down in front of me, knowing the couch was a no go in Marcello’s house.
 “Want to talk about it?” He asked me.
 “He thinks he can control my life because he saved me from Marc. I knew I didn’t want him to pay for everything but it’s fucking hard finding a job around here. How am I supposed to pay for anything when nobody gives me a job?” I asked Marcello.
 “That’s why I got on the bad side.” He said and when I looked at him he grinned at me.
 “You’re stupid.” I told him but a smile was playing on my lips.
 “You can stay here for the time being. I bet you’ll figure something out one way or another.” He said, kissing the top of my head he got up and walked into one of the rooms. I thought that he went to bed but he came back and threw something at me.
 “It’s one of my shirts, you can sleep in it and I made you a bed you can take the boys with you.” He winked at me and I smiled.
Getting up I hugged Marcello tight. “Thank you, you’re the best.” I told him and then walked towards the room, Rocky and Salvatore directly behind me.
I changed into Marcello’s shirt and dove into bed, Rocky and Salvatore hot on my heels.