Part 1

Sean sat in the middle row to the left. He always had, it just felt right. It was close enough to his friends so he could talk, yet close enough to the teacher so he didn't miss anything, and finally, far enough away from her.

Her. Her.

He hated her. He hated her hair. He hated her clothes. He hated the way her eyes shone in the sun. He hated the way she smiled at everybody, as if the world was mad out of butterflies and rainbows. He hated the way her hair complemented her face. He hated that he couldn't get her out of his head.

It was as if no matter what, no matter what Sean did, he couldn't stop thinking about her. It wasn't as if his hatred was a secret, yet, did he ever not think about her?

Although the hatred was as strong as it seemed, Ava McGregor seemed to face the same problem. Thoughts of Sean consumed her head almost everyday , and still she couldn't figure out why. She hated every part of him. From the way he would frown when he was trying to concentrate, to when he flared his nostrils when he got frustrated.

As the class sat down for their history lesson, everyone unpacked their equipment, and just for a second.. Just for a split second, Ava McGregor and Sean Rickman locked eyes.