Bitter Truth Hurts 💔

Magsimula sa umpisa

I'm coming for you Neiyat!!!

I smiled at that thought and walked towards Kapoor Mansion.

Diwali lights made the beautiful mansion look even more breathtakingly beautiful. There was a decent crowd of our family members however Neiyat wasn't anywhere. I dialled her number while I felt most of our family members looking at me, I wonder why. My mother and Chaahat aunty looked very happy but surprising was when we saw Dev Dadu and Ishani Dadi. They had come down specially for this Diwali. I greeted them by taking their blessings while Ishaani Daadi slowly cupped face and kissed my forehead saying 'I am so happy today' and I didn't really understand what was special. Neiv uncle passed me a hesitant smile while Chaahat aunty caressed my head. I was confused.

I looked at the watch and noticed Neiyat was still not home so I decided to dial Sukkhi who told me that they were busy with some engagement payments and hence got delayed. He assured me that Neiyat should be home by another fifteen minutes and that's when I saw her walking towards Kapoor Mansion. In a simple off-white boat necked chudidar, small golden jhumkas, hair left open, a small black bindi...she looked like a fairy. I kept looking at her. How can someone look so heavenly with such simple clothes and jewellery. Her infectious smile made people happy. She made me smile too.

Just then my thoughts were broken as she came running towards me...

'Hey Aaahirrrr happy diwali' and she hugged me tightly. My heart kept thumping loudly. Gosh I could just get addicted to her hugs.

I hugged her back softly yet carefully and whispered...
'Happy Diwali to you too Neiyat...' and before I could say a word she stuffed a laddoo in my mouth saying...

'Awwwwww Aahirjiiii look at you cutie pie...' saying she pulled my cheeks and I blushed hard.

She saw her grandparents and ran towards Dev Dadu and Ishaani Daadi. She was obsessed with her grandfather. She was with them all the time, she kept giggling and smiling. I wanted to speak to her so once she got free I went to pick the roses and chocolate I got for her but somehow found it a little odd to give her the roses, so I just took the chocolate and walked towards her.

Just then lights were switched off and there were two spotlights on me and Neiyat while I heard the song play...

Wah wah Ramji...
Jodi kya banayi...
Bhaiyya aur bhabhi ko...
Badhai ho badhai ...
Sab rasmo se badi he jag me...
Dil se Dil ki sagai....

And I saw slowly my parents joining in, then I see Neiyat's parents hug my parents. Dev Dadu and Mahir Dadu kept hugging each other while next minute the lights are switched on and I see a huge hoarding put up which read...

Neiyat and Aahir

I was shocked. While suddenly our families screamed...
'Supriseee'

I see Neiyat was shocked. So was I!!!

What was happening????

While my mother came towards me with a box and said...
'Aahir...son we know your feelings for Neiyat but we knew you are a calf...no wonder you bought chocolates and rose alone but finally even dropped the plan of roses. I mean chocolate??? Seriously??? Be a man!!!

Huhhh!!! Don't mind Neiyat but till your would be mom in law is here you don't need to worry...I know a proposal is special for a girl and I'm here so my son doesn't screw it up.

Here take this...

Saying my mom opened a small box which had a piece of sparkling diamond ring.

I didn't know what to say....
Just then I heard Dev Daadu say...

'Come on...my grand daughter ain't going to say you a yes like that ..come on ..go on your knees for her Sehgal boy!!!' and that's when I realised...they are here for this!!!

To see me propose to her!!!
It's like they want us to get engaged.
And I knew it was all my mother.
But what worried me now was...

Neiyat!!!!

She stood there with eyes wide without reacting to anything.

'Come on Aahir...go onnnnnn' I heard Bela Daadi call me out.

'Brooooo'

'Aahirjiiii go on'

I kept hearing various voices and then I looked at the heavenly beauty infront of me.

It's now or never!!! So i closed my eyes. Without a second thought I went down on my knees and I saw Neiyat close her mouth with her palms.

While I heard our families hooting for us. I looked into her eyes which looked shocked and flabbergasted.

I spoke up without thinking much...

'I don't know how..when...why...but this has happened. I wanted to ask you...I wanted to talk to you...but I really didn't know it would be like this...

I'm a simple man Neiyat. I just had simple dreams about a girl who is perfect for me which you are!!! Yes you are!!!' I said and I could feel her hands shivering.

I softly pressed her hand in mine and I said...
'You are perfect Neiyat...in every way...and I think I really lik'

'Noooooooo!!!' she screamed

And I was shut!!! Shocked!!!

'Neiyat...I'

'Aahir ..no please this is so embarassing... what the hell is this...I have never thought of you that way...shit!!! This is so embarassing...how could you Aahir ... atleast you should have asked...I can't...I mean look at yourself Aahir...you and me ..we are no match...I'm sorry but we are forget poles apart or even being world's Apart...our choices repel so much that we are Destines Apart!!!

You no where are the kinda guy I would ever want for myself AAHIR!!!

You are not my types!!!

I'm sorry but this is so wrong... Shit!!! This is embarassing' saying she ran from there and I was still on my knees and the next minute I collapsed.

She....she doesn't feel for me???

I.... I am a fool!!!

She doesn't feel for me the way I do!!!

It's so bitter!!!

But it's the truth!!!

And.......... IT HURTS!!! 💔