And then, there was the match L/n was in.

Aizawa watched it once. And then a second time. And then a third. And then he slowed it down. Watched it carefully, watched every action L/n made, every movement— he was informed she was aware when her quirk was in use, but she didn't know what it did because there were always so many things going on when it activated itself. And she seemed to be using it in the video, he just didn't know where or what he was supposed to be looking for.

He watched with squinted eyes, supported by deep bags, blinking quickly to not miss even a half-second of her battle with Ojiro. She'd gotten him down efficiently and— he paused.

Aizawa blinked.

Replayed the small section.

His eyes snapped open, wider than they had ever opened all week.

Oh. Oh, this was complicated.

***

Y/n was an opportunist.

When she saw an opportunity, she took it, no questions asked.

So it made sense why she nudged Iida to the side to stand proud and placed a hand to her chest to speak at the dozens of mics all aimed at her and her classmates.

"I think as a teacher, All Might is very fun and enthusiastic! His class is hands down the best out of all the courses we're taking!" Y/n raised her arms above her head excitedly, bouncing on her feet. She was one of the few to give an actual answer to the nosy journalists and reporters, "He even uses his famous and iconic catchphrase to help motivate us during class—Plus Ultra—!"

The mics were suddenly being pulled away from Y/n with excited and urgent whispers as they sped past her. Her jaw dropped, arms were thrown in the air at her five seconds of fame being stolen right under her nose.

"Wait question him! No, him! The sludge villain kid! He was attacked last year!"

"Ugh," Y/n's lips parted, elbowing Midoriya's side, "who are they talking about?"

"Ah. They're talking about... about Kacchan," he murmured.

"They're calling him the sludge villain kid, though?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Holy shit. Bakugou was the kid attacked by the sludge villain?" 

When she felt a familiar burning, deadly gaze on her she knew Bakugou heard her words. Y/n let her head turn to the side, a low whistle pushing past her tight lips, trying to play off the situation.

She remembered hearing about it some time last year—how some amazing kid was holding the monster off for an impressive amount of time until All Might saved the day as he always did. Nobody knew the exact amount of time he was being held for, but the minutes were longer than a few.

She could only imagine how much damage that incident did to his pride.

"Wanna know something kinda crazy, though?" Midoriya's nervous voice filled her ears as they started on their way to the front doors of UA. 

After the barriers to the school shut because of the obnoxious press (obnoxious because they traded Y/n's answer for Bakugou's so quickly). 

Midoriya let out a small laugh, "I was attacked by that same slime villain, just a few moments before..."

"Huh? You're kidding."

She assumed Midoriya shook his head as he hummed.

"I met All Might for the first time after that. He saved me and then—" Midoriya's voice lifted giddily, "well, then he signed - he signed my notebook! It was really cool-cool! so I'm kind of grateful that I was attacked in a way, actually."