24 - now it's new

Hailey Robinson

For the whole ride, it seemed that Chris was tensed and in deep thoughts. I saw him tapping his finger on the steering wheel and it was clear that the action was out of some uncertain anxiety.

The early morning when I woke up in his arms it felt so pleasant that this sweet emotion may wrap itself around my neck and choke me to death.

I didn't know what we were doing and I don't know what we are going to do with this new sense of proximity going on around us. I am going to be very honest that I like this new feeling I have. The feeling of Chris and his arms around me, his lips on me and his body pressed to mine.

My mind was telling me that this wasn't supposed to go this way, but I know I was gone too far on the road. The road that was- attraction and affection towards Chris. How he affects me, how his touches, his kisses affect me and he knows he has an effect on me.

But are we allowed this?

What happens when this one year term we have on our heads comes to an end?

It felt like I was choking on the food we were eating as of now. This newly planted emotion in me was straining my mind and its thinking process.

Too bad that I may not be able to deny that Chris was one gorgeous piece and the bonus was his personality trait- apparently Langfords are the examples of 'being raised right'.

I somehow managed to finish with my food, though slower in rate. Approaching Chris' figure that already started doing dishes; I help him wind it up sooner.

In some time we were done with the cleaning and shit; sitting in the living room and waiting for each other to speak up. The silence and the tension in the air were so tight that my lungs may need a reboot.

I've never felt any sort of attraction to the opposite gender before. My childhood and some of my teenage years are blur; if so far I am correct, I didn't had friends in school.

Lina and I meet each other at the first day of our middle school and were about to be bullied by some famous seniors of the school but surprisingly it kicked in us and both of us managed to punch them at the same time; and since then we've been friends.

I was always reserved and not wanting to be bothered by anyone, but with Chris, it feels different. It feels like I've known him, known him from somewhere, from some place, from the place where we might have met once because somehow he feels familiar. His face, he had this face, a face I felt like I've known. He feels like home? Does he?

I hear him clear his throat which makes me whip my head to his direction to see he had his eyes already on mine, "Hailey." I nod to which he continues, "come here", he pats the space next to him. And somehow without hesitation I get up from my place, go near him and plant my butt to the space he indicated.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and the other hand gets to my knees and pulls my legs on his. The hand on my shoulder trails down to my waist and at last I am pulled towards him to accustom and sit in his lap. To have a grip so my fat ass doesn't slips and fall on the floor, I wrap my hands around his neck and push myself closer to him.

"Do you remember you asking me what we are doing?" he asks and suddenly the early morning scenes flood through my mind. In reply my voice goes lower, "yeah, I do." He says, "I don't know but there is something else I want to ask you."

My heart was telling me it knows where this was going but my mind said 'be logical, this can't be what you are thinking.'

"Go on, I am all ears", keeping my voice low I say to his previous statement. I study his features and features as in his facial features. My fingers were itching to touch his face, his skin. I was staring at those blue gems, those precious blue gems when he speaks, "what do you think about us?"