A New Chapter - Chapter 3

Chapter 3

    FaceBook is an odd invention. You can talk to your friends, play games, have contests, and more. All from the comfort of your home computer. What they don't put though, is how much drama can be created from it. People pranking other people by hacking accounts and changing info and other bad things. By the first ten minutes, I had about thirty friends, all of which were either family or people from school that I knew the names of. I thought that it was fun for a while, but I got bored pretty quickly. I decided to check April's profile, just to see her interests and such. What striked me as odd, however, is that when I looked at her relationship status, it said "It's Complicated." Wait, what's that supposed to mean?

    I messaged her. "So, it's complicated, huh? Care to share? Sorry, I'm just curious as to why you don't like Sam very much.. He seemed like a nice guy yesterday. I was talking to my new friend Dana today and she said that you guys dated but she wouldn't tell me any more. Sorry if I seem nosey, like I said before, I'm just curious. -Matt"

3rd Day of School - 8/18/10

    One thing you need to know about girls: They love to talk. And talk. And talk. So much that they'll ignore everything around them because they're talking. A perfect example of this ocurred at lunch today, while everyone was standing around, talking. April and I were walking from Band to the lunch line when we came to the Forest, as we called it. The Forest was basically a 100-yard stretch to the cafeteria. This area was absolutely filled with groups of friends talking. To get through, you needed to be fast and small. April was both. I, on the other hand, was only fast at some things like Ringo, and was 5'11". I literally had to push my way through. In the process, I knocked over two people's slushies onto their books and one person's nachos into their face. Great. It was my third day and I already had people hating me.

    Once we had our lunches, we found Justin and his group of friends. April's friends saw us and ran over to our table. Katy was the first to start what would become the most drama filled chapter of my whole life.

    "So are you two, like, a thing?" Katy asked.

    "Katy! Shut up!" April quickly snapped. Most of the guys whistled. I got really red.

    "Aww, he's blushing!" Brandon said. I shot him this look that basically said "Shut up or I will shoot you."

    "For your information, people, Matt and I are FRIENDS and you should remember that I'm not dating anymore, okay?" April said in quite a harsh tone. I was slightly surprised. Apparently, what Sam did was bad enough to make her not date...

    "Well then," Josh said, "We'll see how long they last before they can't resist each other!"

    "This is another Sam waiting to happen!" someone from April's crowd of friends said. She turned around and slapped that person faster than a cobra could strike. The girl just looked stunned for a moment then apologized.

    The next few seconds happened in a blur. April kept talking, while three girls were walking towards us and talking. They were so engrossed in their conversation that they ran right into the table and spilled their slushees all over April and her friends. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" one of them said in a sarcastic, mocking tone.

    "You little BITCH!" April screamed. She got up from the table and stood next to the girl, trying to intimidate her. She didn't do too well of a job, however, because the girl was about a half a foot taller than her.

    "What are you trying to start, freshman?" the tall girl said.

    "Don't you underestimate me, fatty," April retorted quickly.

    "What did you just call me?"

    "What, too much cake in your ears? Can't hear me?" The girl stood, stunned. "What's wrong, tubby, mouth too full of brownies to speak? Or are your cheeks just so fat that you can't move them?" The girl, starting to cry, ran away and disappeared down the hallway.

    "Wow, that was kind of... harsh..." Josh said.

    "Well, she was being rude so I just..." April looked confused.

    "April, was that really the way to handle that? That girl's gonna need therapy! I mean, she was trying to pick a fight, but..." I said.

    "So? I'm small! I can NOT fight to save my life! So I take the mental approach! People don't beat you up if you know how to make them feel like they're worthless. It really comes in handy, actually," she said.

    "Well, that was just mean. Maybe you should apologize," I suggested.

    "She had it coming," April said coldly. Just then, the bell rang for fourth period.