42

What answered him was the ice blade's merciless attack.

Pascal reacted quickly, avoiding it. The ice blade penetrated the chair behind him, smashing the completely-made-of-gold chair into pieces.

"Wow." Pascal applauded, exclaiming, "Not bad."

Snow was gentle and fragile; it melted at a touch. But when it turned into ice, it could attack fiercely.

Although, in Pascal's eyes, they were all just small tricks.

Qi Baicha following them here was originally just him wanting to investigate, and best case deal with the matter in one go. With his strength, he could deal with 99% of the situations without fear.

He just had to encounter that 1% situation now.

He had only received the message from world number 108's celestial god when he stepped into this mansion. The other reminded him that his dimension's demon king Pascal had broken into his territory through the cracks of hell, and even considerately notifying him of Pascal's information and weaknesses.

Though it was like he hadn't said anything.

Because he couldn't beat him at all.

This world was still counted as very young among the cosmos; it was a new dimension, and the native gods' ages couldn't exceed the world's age. Pascal's world came into being much, much earlier than this world. There was a time interval of more than hundreds of millions of years between them, the other similarly being born with his world.

Just as this world's power originated from chaotic clear and turbid air, world number 108's power originated from light and darkness. In this world, both clear and turbid air could all transform into gods, but world number 108's laws were more cruel, stipulating that only one god could be born from the light and darkness. In the end, the light defeated the darkness, obtained the godhead, and became the world's exalted god, Hermann. The darkness was slightly inferior, so it failed to obtain the godhead, was suppressed in hell, and became the demon king Pascal.

He still was a demigod, possessing powers close to that of a god's, and was only one godhead away from being a true god.

Even Hermann had to expend half of his divine power to barely suppress Pascal; he wasn't able to completely eliminate him. Even if he thought with his knees, he knew that Qi Baicha had no chance of winning against him.

The snow god's age wasn't even a fraction of Pascal's. In any case, he wasn't the demon king's opponent.

Hermann was a god, and had no way to cross worlds to catch Pascal and bring him back. Gods passing dimensional loopholes would only cause the two worlds' collapses. Besides the king of the gods, there were no gods that could break the void with their bare hands.

Hermann could only tell the gods here about his weakness. Pascal's body was made of darkness, and the one thing that could restrain him was light, or a more evil darkness.

— This world didn't have either of those two things.

The sun god had fallen asleep, and even if he were awake, his light was not enough to match Hermann's, let alone suppress Pascal. On the other hand, the evil god hadn't fallen asleep, but it was impossible for him to be stronger than Pascal.

The reason was the same one; the local gods were all too young.

Their age difference didn't even need to be mentioned. The snow god's godhead had no light or darkness attribute, and going against Pascal was no different from looking for death.

But he had to step forward.

A powerful otherworldly invader would be a devastating disaster to any world. A god had an obligation to defend against it.