Knowing that, Leng Shaoxi had mixed emotions. To her surprise, Chen Junnan had such a terrible experience.

In that case, Shaoting seemed to be luckier than Chen Junnan. At least only some of his family members disliked him, and he had other relatives who cared about him. It was only because of Leng Shaoting’s cold character that they seldom talked with each other. However, Leng Shaoting had already changed a lot after meeting Gu Ning and he gradually began to talk with them. And the situation was greatly improved after his mother was back.

“If so, I have great sympathy for him as well, but it still has nothing to do with love. I hope he can meet someone that’s in love with him in the future,” said Leng Shaoxi. Although she hesitated for a while because of Zuo Wenjun’s words, she still made that decision in the end.

“Yeah, hope so,” said Zuo Wenjun. Then she said nothing further about that topic. “Alright, we should go out now.”

After that, the two walked out. Everyone knew Zuo Wenjun went inside to have a talk with Leng Shaoxi, but Leng Shaoxi stayed the same and Zuo Wenjun had a resigned look. From that, they figured out the result.

Accordingly, Chen Junnan was in a worse mood and began to drink faster. When people were in a bad mood, they wanted to get drunk.

Chen Junnan’s mood was too obvious to be hidden, so everyone saw it.

Zuo Zhaochen and the others couldn’t do anything about it, because they couldn’t force Leng Shaoxi to be together with Chen Junnan. They didn’t have that right or power.

Since Chen Junnan’s love failed to be accepted by Leng Shaoxi, they shouldn’t be together otherwise neither of them would be happy in the relationship.

Seeing Chen Junnan like that, Leng Shaoxi also felt sad, but she had to compose herself.

Gu Ning was the most calm one in the room. She could understand Chen Junnan’s sadness, but didn’t think it was a big deal, because many people had the same experience. In this world, not everyone’s love would have a positive response. You couldn’t force another person to love you just because you love him or her after all.

Gu Ning wasn’t judging Leng Shaoxi’s affair with Chen Junnan, but it was indeed very normal.

Although Leng Shaoxi and Chen Junnan had a good impression of each other, it was over now. Because Leng Shaoxi rejected Chen Junnan for her friend, it became unrequited love. Anyway, it was rare to have a happy ending from first love.

Because of the worsening atmosphere, they didn’t hang out late this time and they separated at 11 pm.

They had all drunk a little, so they couldn’t drive.. Zuo Zhaochen and Chen Junnan paid for designated drivers, while Gu Ning called Leng Shaoting.

Chapter 1987: There Is a Condition

Translator: Henyee Translations Editor: Henyee Translations

When they separated, Chen Junnan looked at Leng Shaoxi. He wanted to say something, but didn’t say it aloud. He actually wanted to have a private talk with Leng Shaoxi, but he decided not to do that upon thinking of her attitude. He was unwilling to embarrass her.

Gu Ning and the others didn’t go out until Leng Shaoting came, so Leng Shaoting was already waiting in front of the car when they arrived at the parking lot.

Seeing Leng Shaoting, Zuo Zhaochen and his friends went to greet him. Although Chen Junnan didn’t know Leng Shaoting, he knew Leng Shaoting was Leng Shaoxi’s older cousin. Therefore, in order to show his politeness, he went over as well.