Chapter 6 - Chase

Start from the beginning

Goddamn it! I was so blind. She was there all the time right in front of me. It was me who stupidly didn't realize her.

And I confirmed it to Dean, not telling him about my suspicion, but I asked him to make sure he did invite Amber. He confirmed, yes Amber came to D&D.

So, it must be her. My Cinderella. And this time I promise myself I won't let her run away again. No more fucking ghosting me, Amber Lynch!

"Sure, Amber. Okay. You can put my name. I can testify for you."

Huh???

"Okay. Good night." He ends the phone.

"Testify what?"

"Nah, just a stupid ex came to Amber today at GRM. I was there and helped her."

"What the fuck?"

Zac raises his eyebrow at my abrupt roar, while the others look dumbly surprised.

"What the hell! You guys think it's okay for an ex to come to her and harass her?"

"Of course not, Chase. But your reaction rather too much. I was more surprised with your reaction than with Amber's case," Allison says, with an attitude that I'm sure channeling from Zac.

"Chill, Chase," Dave says.

"No. She has a problem with her ex before. Must be the same one. That man is lunatic. Tell me you punched him, Zac. Because if not, I will go after him and beat the shit out of him."

Zac rolls his eyes. "She will put restraining order on that guy. She has enough proof. She called me to ask my permission for retrieving the CCTV in GRM. So if you beat that guy, you will be an unused hero."

"Just like a used condom," Dave whispers like a stupid devil in my ear, I decide to ignore him forever.

I exhale in annoying. "Where is she right now?

"On the way to GRM. She needs the video now so tomorrow early morning she can submit it to the judge."

***

Amber emerges from the back door. She still wearing her working outfit. Her face looks stressed but there is a hint of happiness in her eyes. I eye her hands. Their hugging her bag so tightly. Bet the recording is there. She types something in her phone. I know she doesn't have car and she often use public transport. But it's late. Why the hell a beautiful woman wants to risk herself using public transport? She should asked someone to drive her everywhere, in this case me!

"Amber."

She jumps. "Ch.. Ch.. Chase?"

"Cute, you good at mimicking a train." I chuckle.

She frowns. "Why are you here? It's late and Zac is not here."

This woman... "Yes, I know Zac is not here. And why are you here?"

"Oh.. I had something to do. But it's done."

I nod. "Let's go. I drive you home."

"What? No no.. it's okay. I can use the sub--" I cut her by taking her hand to my car. This stubborn woman. "Chase, no..."

"It's okay. I'm here anyway." I open the car's door.